Nito's Fuck Cancer Fund

Hello Everyone,


Thank you for taking  the time to hear our story.

On October 10th we were informed that our beloved dog/ fur baby Mr. Nito Coykenhalter has been diagnosed with cancer. Obviously this is quite a blow to us and our little family. Nito is a 7 year old Schnauzer, a rescue dog abandoned on the streets of Tijuana and brought home to us by the SPCA. He is our first child and the light of our life.


Nito’s diagnosis is  carcinoma in his prostate. This form of cancer is incurable but not untreatable. Treatment can elongate his life for a year or better and will also improve his comfort levels immensely for as long as he’s with us. And that, his quality of life, is now and has always been our number one priority.


Thankfully Nito does have pet insurance which reimburses us 80 percent of treatments and medication, but does not include the vet visits themselves and leaves us with the remaining 20 percent to pay out of pocket. Any of you that have ever gone through this with your own pet know that these treatments are not cheap. And we are certainly not wealthy.

The anti-inflammatory drugs and chemotherapy is going to cost anywhere $700-1000+ every 3 weeks and $400+ for ultrasounds every 6 to 9 weeks.


Every cent that we raise will go towards these treatments as well supplements and other holistic treatments to keep his body strong while undergoing chemo. All unused funds will be donated to the SPCA as a thank you for bringing our boy into our lives.


We love our dog, we know many of you feel the same. We will miss him terribly when the time comes. But that time is not now.  Fuck Cancer!

Please help us in any way you can. Donate or just pass this along. Anything and Everything is appreciated by all of us.



Thank You

Michael, Sarah, Nito and Poncho

  • Anonymous 
    • $100 
    • 37 mos
  • Jen Bradley 
    • $10 
    • 38 mos
  • Andrian Liem 
    • $20 
    • 42 mos
  • Ethan Geier 
    • $10 
    • 43 mos
  • Kelda Carlson 
    • $100 
    • 44 mos
See all

Organizer

Sarah Coykendall 
Organizer
Oakland, CA
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more