In Nighthawks, a short suspense thriller written & directed by Nolan Dean, an Arab immigrant stalks a waitress after her
late-night shift. In a few terrifying minutes, this film will toy with the emotions and assumptions of our audience, ultimately
leaving them with a chilling and challenging answer to the age-old question, “Who is my neighbor?”
This question has never been more polarizing - or relevant. This film seeks to offer a fresh and dramatic take on this global debate - through the lens of a small, sleepy bluestown.
I am making this film because I believe that what connects us is far more significant than what divides us, and because I believe this place I live in - the Delta - has given me a unique perspective to this conversation, an angle yet unexplored.
If you are interested in seeing this film come to life - please make a contribution. Any amount is welcome. Thank you!
- Winter 2020
- Shot in 2 Nights in Clarksdale, MS
- $5,000 Production
- We received $2,000 in a Grant from the MS Film Alliance
- $3,000 Remaining
- Writer/Director: Nolan Dean
- Producer/Asst. Director: Amile Wilson
- Director of Photography: Gabe Mayhan
- Editor: Matt Rozzell
- Composer: Amos Cochran
Casting Currently in Progress.
- We will submit it to festivals around the world, screen it locally, and use it as a springboard for a feature film that continues this story and its themes.
Thank you so much for supporting this work.
- Ali Alsaleh
- Jane and West Hornor
- Kelly and John King