On Sept. 18 2015 my nieces husband was severely injured in a work related accident - both of his legs were severed - http://fox13now.com/2015/09/18/police-say-coworkers-may-have-saved-mans-life-after-machine-amputated-both-of-his-legs/
He and his wife, Ashley, have 2 girls and twins on the way. John is the breadwinner in the family - and will not be able to get back to work in the foreseeable future.
Ashley is unable to work at this time - she has two active girls, Kinzly and Abby, who are 6 and 8. She is also 4 months pregnant with twins (boy and girl). The babies are due in February 2016.
John is a hard worker and does everything he can to take care of his family. Due to low oil/gas prices, John lost his job late last year. John is a go-getter, does whatever it takes to "get 'er done". He has been working at the Kuhni Plant in order to support his family during the oil market downturn. This is where the injury occured.
He is a good man, a man who does whatever is necessary to take care of "his girls".
Your donation will go towards 3 primary purposes:
1) getting the house ready for John's return home - ramps for wheelchair accessibility, making all spaces accessible for his journey to independence.
2) help them purchase transportation that will sit 6 folks (2 kids, 2 baby seats, and two adults) AND that is wheelchair accessable.
3) help cover their living expenses for up to 1 year. This would give them time to get the care they need and learn how to deal with their new life without the worry of losing their house or having their heat turned off.
2) Whatever is left would go towards paying for his prosthetic legs - which are not cheap. http://health.costhelper.com/prosthetic-legs.html
This is a huge tragedy that has befallen this wonderful young family. The road ahead is going to be extremely hard for the entire family. My objective is to raise money to help make the next steps of a bit easier my niece, my nephew, and all of my grand babies.
Anything you can donate would be greatly appreciated.
I will continue to post updates. But if you want to reach out to me, please do - my email address is carinabrewer at gmail dot com.
Story Updates (outside of the gofundme updates):
* 10-01-2015 - KUTV update on how John survived the accident - http://kutv.com/news/local/juab-county-man-who-lost-both-legs-in-accident-explains-how-he-survived
* 09-20-2015 - Fox Story Update - Interview with wife Ashley (my niece) and Johns best friend Randy - http://fox13now.com/2015/09/20/wife-of-man-who-lost-both-legs-in-industrial-accident-shares-story-of-survival-says-theyre-expecting-twins/
* 09-18-2015 - Day of Accident - http://fox13now.com/2015/09/18/police-say-coworkers-may-have-saved-mans-life-after-machine-amputated-both-of-his-legs/
- Danielle Paci
- frank sicurella
Organizer and beneficiary