Hurricane Harvey was the first major hurricane to make landfall in the United States since Wilma in 2005 and is the wettest tropical cyclone on record in the contiguous United States. The resulting floods inundated hundreds of thousands of homes including our buddy Neal's home. We created this GoFundMe account with hopes we can help Neal recover and repair his home through targetted donations.
You can view a time lapsed video of the damage to his (beautiful!) home on his Facebook page using this link: https://www.facebook.com/neal.parisawan/videos/10110337443976280/
For those of you that don't know Neal as well as the people who set up this page, Neal is:
(1) One of the kindest, most generous and caring people you'll never meet
(2) Extremely hard working
(3) Willing to do whatever it takes to make someone happy and will not ask for anything in return
(4) A good car packer
(3) Crazy anticipatory! He'll do and complete something that needs to be done before you even thought about it!
(2) Very tall
(2) Socially and professionally persausive in the best ways!
Below is a recap from Neal himself that provides some background on why we are raising money to help him.
Via Facebook, Sept 4, 12:125 pm:
So, the good:
- I'm one of the lucky ones I suppose. Dad and I walked away relatively unscathed from the Hurricane.
- FEMA is paying for a hotel until 9/26. The hotels are full though so....yeah.
- My friends are wonderful and helped us rip out drywall, carpet, and toss out the things that needed tossing. Also, are providing me temporary housing until my home is livable again.
- Insurance doesn't cover my backyard. This will take years and lots of $$ for me to fix. The boathouse, the deck, and the grill range from badly damaged to nonexistent.
- The pool needs all kinds of work to get that muck out and to get it swimmable again. insurance doesn't cover this.
- the basement is still holding water with almost a foot of silt in it I'd estimate. Insurance will only cover some of that.
- Funds will not get fully released by insurance for another 45-60 days after i see my claims adjuster in a week.
- katherine brown
- Mae Cooper
- Nishant Anand
- Ryota Masaki
Organizer and beneficiary
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more