Wyatt Lynn Russell

Little Wyatt was born on a family vacation at 24 weeks gestation. Thats 16 weeks early and 21 hours away from home . We live in Arlington, Texas... he was born in Bismarck, North Dakota. His weight is 1 pound 2 ozs. Mom had started hemorrhaging and Wyatt had to be taken by emergency c-section. The family of 5 was making their way to Williston, North Dakota. Instead of buying a single Christmas gift the family agreed to spend the money on a trip thinking it would be the last family vacation before their brother was to arrive in April. They arrived in Williston safely and mom went to bed tired from the trip. Dad visited with his cousins and went to bed an hour later but as he slipped into bed he found his pregnant wife laying in her blood sound asleep. He left their 3 boys at Williston and He rushed her to the nearest hospital where they were not equipped with neonatal ICU. Now in a life and death urgency to get both mom and unborn son to the capital of North Dakota another problem arrises, care flight can't lift off due to the bad weather conditions. Still hemorrhaging and loosing even more blood, in fear of early delivery and absolutely nothing can be done.
Hours later the only hospital willing to come get them was CHI St Alexius. Knowing the urgency St Alexius hospital had to hire a private jet that could take off form Bismarck and land safely in Williston to quickly go get them and fly them back in a snow storm.  
However before the jet could arrive, their largest fear was happening... the nurse said her water busted. 
It was still another 45 minute flight to Bizmarck,ND. They arrive at St. Alexius and the doctors assured them her water didn't break. It was more blood from hemorrhaging. They we're able to stabilize her and declared for the next 4 months she would have no choice but to stay laying on her back and in that hospital until little Wyatt was born. This was devastating news for the family. They have 3 sons from ages 13, 14 and 15. Who would take them to school, football practice, wrestling? They are more than 4 hours away from their car that's at the first hospital and an hour from that hospital is where they left their boys sleeping from the trip. The next day was better but decisions had to be made. Life decisions that we all never want to make. . . Doctors have asked if they should try to save her life or the unborn child's life. They explained the real situation of the possibility of losing them both.
I cry as I write this, you see, I am Grandma. My first grandson's life is at steak alone with my wonderful daughter n laws as well. I get the call from my son apologizing for leaving Texas on vacation, explaining something awful has happened. I begged them not to go just in case something happens. My fears had came true. I can hear my daughter n law saying save the baby don't worry about me and I got the next flight out of Dallas on Christmas Eve. She was still stable and Wyatt was ok. I was there for the sonogram the next day where they found that 15 % of her placenta had feel or torn. But looked as though she'd be ok. They would have to closely watch and at first signs of stress or more bleeding they would have to take him. The morning after Christmas she went into early labor. Doctors said emergency c-section was inevitable they would take him immediately. They explained he was not ready for birth, what to expect and what was possible. Gave little Wyatt 50% chance to live through birthing. And if he did live he had a 70% chance of life long problems. From blindness, lung disease, deafness and the list went on and on. I waited for news after delivery and he made it! He is now 4 days old. My daughter n law has stopped hemorrhaging and is fine now. She will have to stay at the Ronald Mcdonald house for the next 4 months and her husband and 3 sons will need to go back to Arlington. They have school, he has work. You are welcome to search us, look at our Facebook photos and know this is not a hoax. We ask, no I ask if you can spare a dollar, please do so. We are aware that 50 % chance is a lot but it's also 50% that he will live as well. Either way, they were not ready for this as no family would be. The trips back and forth from Arlington Texas to Bismarck North Dakota will be costly. And countless other expenses will occur. And if you can't help them financially then your prayer are by far more than welcomed. The photo is of Wyatt's Daddys wedding band around his little arm to show you his true size.

Donations (0)

  • Anonymous 
    • $25 
    • 33 mos
  • Bryan Harpster 
    • $25 
    • 41 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $100 
    • 41 mos
  • Oscar Trevino 
    • $30 
    • 41 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $20 
    • 42 mos

Organizer and beneficiary 

Kimberly Sanford Russell 
Arlington, TX
  • #1 fundraising platform

    People have raised more money on GoFundMe than anywhere else. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case that something isn’t right, we will refund your donation. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more