I am asking for your vote for the office of Mayor in the upcoming June 22 Democratic primary election. Piermont is my hometown. I have deep roots here, a track record of preserving what we love about our beautiful Village and am committed to the environmental, financial and civic health of our community.
WHY I AM RUNNING FOR MAYOR: We need visionary leadership to bring our diverse interests together and address the pressing economic, environmental, and social challenges we face as a community today. It is my belief that I can offer more to Piermont in the capacity of Mayor than the incumbent and want to address troubling policies and practices implemented over the last few years, including:
· Transferring village funds to accounts that are not FDIC insured, without a sound investment policy
· Selling village property to balance the budget, and offloading expenses to taxpayers
· Spending down the Village fund and using reimbursements to balance the budget, putting our financial health at risk
· Marginalizing public input by pushing Public Comment to the last agenda item
We cannot afford to delay taking decisive steps to reimagine Piermont and adapt to a changing world. Through in-depth conversation and targeted actions among all community stakeholders, I am committed to establishing a sustainable and inclusive vision of Piermont for the next 5 to 15 years and beyond.
MY QUALIFICATIONS: I have extensive knowledge of vital aspects of Piermont life and government through multiple years of service as:
· Village Board Trustee
· Chair of our Waterfront Resiliency Commission
· Member of the Planning Board
· Liaison to Building, Planning, and Zoning departments, the Fire Department and Department of Public Works
· Dive Lieutenant for our Fire Department.
I will hit the ground running to ensure a seamless transition of administration, improving our efficiency and transparency. Through my work establishing our N2N (Neighbor to Neighbor) alerts network, I have seen the value of engaging with our community and ensured our Village government has been available for public participation online, providing produce frequent, accurate status updates since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic.
MY PRIORITIES: As your Mayor, my focus will be:
· Controlling costs and building a sustainable budget
· Working with residents and stakeholders to develop a Comprehensive Plan
· Expanding public engagement and improving dissemination of public safety information
· Preserving diversity of housing options and volunteer first responder recruitment
If I am elected, Public Comment will once again be the first item on our meeting agenda, not the lowest priority. Together, we will develop a Comprehensive Plan that establishes practical solutions to address the threat of sea level rise, improves the vitality of our economy, and ensures that our community continues the tradition of maintaining access to sufficient housing options for families providing all-volunteer Fire and EMS services.
HOW YOU CAN HELP: With your support in the June 2021 Primary election, I look forward to beginning an exciting new chapter for Piermont in 2022. To learn more, please visit PiermontsThePlace.com, and join me at one of the Zoom AMAs linked there.
- alexis jallad
- essa jallad
- Kahil Jallad
- Marjorie Derven
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more