Her husband Al is a police officer and her son Michael is green beret getting deployed next month. She also has a loving daughter Annie, beloved daughter-in-law Migena, and a new (and totally adorable) grandson Lukas.
This family has dedicated their lives to helping others and now they need our help!
Nancy was diagnosed in May 2017 with stage 4 signet ring carcinoma of the appendix that had spread to her colon and small intestine. Since then she has undergone four rounds of chemotherapy, surgery, and then eight more rounds of chemotherapy.
The prognosis is poor. However, bipolar is also not considered curable.
Nancy suffered from bipolar disease for 25+ years, but cured herself with a 3 year long journey to get off prescription meds involving natural detox practices, clean eating, yoga, spirituality, and meditation etc.
We are hoping the same "uncurable" prognosis to be beaten once again.
However her journey to back to healthy has had several hiccups. In the surgery they took her her appendix, a third of her colon, a quarter of her small intestine, both ovaries, part of her lymph, and her omentum (fatty apron that protects abdominal organs). Then they filled her abdominal cavity with hot chemo therapy (hotter than the normal internal temperature of the body) and then closed her back up and shook her body for a hour and a half.
While the surgery was successful, Nancy is dealing with several complications. She has been in and out hospital for over a month. Her bowel is leaking and fluid is backing up in stomach causing constant nausea and infection.
The Scotina Family needs financial support for:
- Al as been off work for almost a month and has been losing out on the overtime money that they depend on since diagnosis. He has not left her side in two months because he is truly a real life angel. This makes sense because Nancy is also one.
- Health insurance deductibles, co pays, and out of pocket expenses
- Home nurses for IV fluids that help after chemotherapy
- A private room at the hospital because Nancy is very sensitive and susceptible to migraines; the noise and commotion is too much for her in this weakened state
- Help mitigate travel expenses for her kids to come home and help as they are located in Colorado and LA
- Supplements from her naturopath oncologist not covered by insurance - over 100 each day - we are attacking this from all angles
-Other natural methods of treatment not covered by insurance (her body has proven to respond better to natural methods of healing ) i.e. hyperbaric oxygen therapy
- Daily organic bone broths, vegetable juices, and wheatgrass juice: proven to make the body a difficult environment for cancer to grow
-A much needed retreat to her spiritual sanctuary, Kripalu, once she is physically strong enough. All of the drugs to manage the discomfort post-surgery has raised concern for her mental health. She is traumatized physically, spiritually and emotionally from the intense and prolonged suffering. She will need deep spiritual healing once her body is strong again. She worked so hard to rid herself of bipolar and we need to do everything we can to make sure she gets back to herself after all of these drugs.
Anything leftover after medical bills paid will go towards living the fullest life possible crossing stuff off of her bucket list.
This campaign is being managed by her daughter Annie and Annie's close friend/college roommate Gabby.
- Chris Ciampa
- Marie Bishop
- Patty Gouthro
- Gianna Tiro
Organizer and beneficiary
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more