The Simcoe and District Humane Society (SimcoeDHumane) is an organization that believes every animal has a voice.
Like everyone else, the pandemic hit us hard.
Every day, we work with animals. Every day, animals need our help.
Every day, during the pandemic closures, we worked with animals and helped owners with their animal's health and supplies.
The cost of PPE was four times the regular cost. Prices of all supplies went up, BUT donations dropped by 25% and fundraising dropped by 75%.
The needs of the animals and cost of care (Including Hydro, Heat, Food, Litter, Veterinary Care and Other Supplies etc) went up drastically.
We have not been able to bounce back, and we are at risk of bankruptcy.
If we can't raise the money, we won't be able to continue helping animals in need, and our community.
Simcoe and District Humane Society was incorporated in 1953 and has been dedicated to saving the lives of ALL animals and helping the surrounding community. For 70 years, this non-profit shelter has been relying on donations from the public to keep its doors open. For 70 years, this non-profit shelter has been looking after ALL animals with no real government funding. Sick, Injured, displaced, abandoned, surrendered; large, small, this organization has been there for the animals (and their people).
Donations will go towards the services the Simcoe and District Humane Society provide. Some of the services we provide, and aren't limited to, include:
- From intake (surrender, stray, or removed) to adoption or return to owner, animals are medically treated, perhaps placed in our fostering program while prepared for adoption, and a foster-to-adopt program
- Spay/neuter, microchip, vaccines, etc.
*Provide housing for pets while owners/guardians are unable, in urgent situations:
- Example: family violence assistant program or owners in need/dangerous situations
*Emergency medical care assistance may be available when SimcoeDHumane receives sponsors or grants
- funding is limited and is expected to be paid back in low monthly payments to help others.
- This funding helps owners when they can't afford medical care.
*Low-Cost Wellness Clinics
- When available and in cooperation with participating veterinarians, SimcoeDHumane offers Wellness exams for low-income families.
*Pet Food Bank
- With sponsors and donations, the Society provides food and supplies to owners that are struggling financially.
*Royal Canin food is available for purchase to help keep adopted animals on the same food as they have been while in shelter. It is also available to ALL pet owners.
*Barn Buddies, Working Cat program
- Some cats will never make it in a family home or setting.
- Barn buddies will help keep the mouse population at bay and allow the cat to be fed, stay warm and live in a safe home.
Over 140 animals wait in care for their spay or neuter surgery. Along with the many animals in care, there are so many more needing our shelter services and over 100 waiting to come into care.
The Pandemic has caused major setbacks financially; Simcoe and District Humane Society needs aid more than ever. We need your support to continue to help the animals.
Your donation today will not only help save an animal’s life but will help the shelter, keep the lights on, keep the heat on to warm the animals, and maintain our ability to help the animals.
Please donate today!