On Friday, February 20, Marcus came home from class to find the Wichita Fire Department at his apartment complex. His worst fear was confirmed as he got closer and saw that it was his building that was on fire.
The fire was a faulty wiring issue and caused extensive damage to his unit and his neighbor's unit next door. Bottom units received extensive water damage.
Marcus lost nearly everything. This past year Marcus decided to go back to school full-time to complete his degree and was actually planning to move this week. In an effort to cut costs and prepare for his upcoming move, he didn't renew/have renter's insurance.
To top off the day, as Marcus pulled into his hotel Friday night, his check engine light came on in his car.
So many of you have asked how you can help. Prayers, texts, and calls have been overwhelming. THANK YOU so much.
Marcus has kept an amazing outlook on this experience. The days and weeks ahead will be challenging as the reality of everything hits home. Your monetary donation will help him to recoup items that he had to leave behind. (And many photos were taken of these specific items so he can hopefully find same/similar replacements.)
Thank you again for your support. And thank you for being a good friend and loved one to Marcus.
- Kelly and Joe Muich
- Jesse Reichenberger
- Kristin Anderson
- Melanie hedgespeth
- Debra Wood
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more