My Nan Mona is 92 and has been reduced to a walking frame after her legs had given up on her with old age. She has been sleeping in an electric chair in her lounge room for the last few years. Last year she had a fall and broke her hip, she had rehabilitation for 6 months and was able to go back home where she lives with her son.
On Sunday she had another fall in her home but luckily nothing was broken, she was kept in hospital for pain relief and to help get her moving again... Tuesday morning at 5am a FIRE had started in the roof where the old home had come away from the chimney, my uncle was quick to act and call the fire brigade and try fighting the flames...
He put their little shitzu X poodle TESS in the front room out of the way and continued to help but the fire was well alight spreading through the roof.
Everything was lost in the lounge room, kitchen and part of nan's bedroom BUT if nan had of been at home she would of been asleep in her electric lift chair in the lounge room where she could not have got out quick enough! We are so so glad that my Nan and Uncle are fine... Their little dog Tess was taken to the vet and given oxygen and sedatives to help with the trauma... unfortunately she has passed away 2 days later... So as it is now the house can not be saved her car was parked behind the house and was badly damaged by the fire also Nan had kept her car because it was easy for her to get in and out with her restricted legs.
Now my Nan is in hospital with no home to go back to and her beloved pet of 13yrs whom never left nan's side has passed away. We are hoping to raise some money to help cover the vet bill and possibly cover the cost of the insurance excess. EVERY LITTLE BIT COUNTS
DonationsSee top donations
- Town Of Aberdeen
- Ben Copland
- Dale Neale
- Allan Clelland
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more