Imani has made it her personal mission to empower women of colour to see a place for themselves within the global surf industry. She is using surfing as a tool to positively transform the lives of women and girls.
Based at the Jamnesia Surf Club in St. Andrew, Jamaica, SGJ provides a safe and nurturing environment for girls of all ages to learn to surf, advance their surfing skills, and develop a bond with an amazingly talented and supportive community.
SGJ provides learn-to-surf classes, surf coaching and personal development opportunities on extremely limited donations and volunteer resources. There are no surf shops in Jamaica, so it is extremely difficult to acquire surf-related necessities.
In order to continue providing this much-needed space, SGJ is seeking funds to purchase:
- surf equipment (learner and fun boards, leashes, wax, fins, deck pads)
- surf gear (rash guards, swimsuits, surf shorts, reef shoes/booties)
- ding repair kits and repair supplies
- nutritious snacks for surf and training sessions
Funds are also being raised to:
- provide financial assistance to girls who are not able to afford transportation to participate in training sessions
- run regular girl surf competitions
Surf Girls Jamaica has made, and continues to make, a significant impact on young and aspiring female surfers in the Caribbean, and with your help we can continue this mission for years to come.
- Joshua Altschule
- Jenn Nabb
- Kurt Brown
- grace Kinney
Organizer and beneficiary
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more