Their house caught on fire February 19th while Melissa was at work and the kids were at school....poor Ozzy was trapped in the house but fortunately the Mooresville fire department was able to rescue him "Thank God"
Unfortunately it is a total loss :(
We were able to save a few photos and a few personal documents but that is it! all her other personal belongings, furniture, clothes, kids toys, their beds, everything is gone :(
Not only is this a tragedy but this truly breaks my heart, she is my best friend and it kills me to see them suffering like this, she's a single mom & the sole provider for these children, works two jobs and she has worked her butt off for so long and they finally got into this cute little house, something to call her own and now everything is gone :(
it's so devastating because she is a true definition of a hard working Mama that truly loves her children!!!
She just started renting this house in November and unfortunately she did not have renters insurance. she is not homeless though she will stay with us/friends until she can find a new home!
No amount is ever too small and even if you don't have much money a few dollars can still go a very long way!
Also please share this page I would love to see this go extremely viral...as of right now due to the extremely overwhelming amount of donations on clothing, furniture and food "Which is such a huge blessing" we are turning down those types of donations due to the lack of being able to store everything right now =\
our main goal is to raise enough money so she can possibly pay a years worth of rent on a house or an apartment? this way she can quit one of her full-time jobs an be home more and be able to be more involved with her children!
Of course gift cards would be another wonderful way of blessing this family, The youngest one has medication needs due to his asthma and Food allergies.
Also The Monroe Twp. Fire district and the Mooresville fire department's Will be hosting a chili supper benefit March 12 th from 6:00PM – 8:00PM
450 N CHESTNUT ST
MONROVIA, IN 46157
Even though that this is such a tragedy we are all so blessed that no one was harmed and blessed with such an incredible community that is trying to help in whatever way they possibly can? it's definitely going to take a lot of work to help them get back on their own again but my husband an I will do whatever we possibly can to help them out!!!
Thank you all for the kind words, support and whatever type of help you may be able to offer... it is greatly appreciated and once she can get past the overwhelming shock I'm sure she will be able to speak a little bit more for herself, as of right now I am helping her be her voice, she is continuing to work and even over the weekend she's pulling doubles at work....God bless her I told her she needs to take a few days off but she just said she just needs to continue working!
Thank you all again and GOD BLESS
DonationsSee top donations
- Randa Powers
- Cassie Jones
Organizer and beneficiary
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more