This could be you, or your wife, daughter, sister, girlfriend, etc! Don't let it!
For those who may not know me, my name is Kelly Reeves and I am the owner of Ms. Defense, a women's self-defense company.
When the pandemic hit and there was a ton of social unrest, I began to see more and more violence in our communities, especially against women. I didn’t feel safe in my own home anymore. I didn’t feel safe walking in the parking lot of a grocery store, or to my car at night.
I realized I wasn’t alone. So many of my girlfriends also said they didn’t feel safe in their everyday lives anymore.
I wanted to change that! So, I started Ms. Defense to empower women to take control of their personal safety.
What exactly does Ms. Defense offer:
I offer various self-defense techniques and devices such as:
- Women's self-defense
- Situational awareness, avoidance, and de-escalation - to outsmart a would-be attacker
- Concealed carry classes
- Stun devices, pepper spray, and striking devices
- Digital defense- to prevent identity theft and online child predators
Side note: Men have attended my classes too! So, while it's geared toward women, EVERYONE deserves to feel safe in this crazy world we live in!
I’ve applied for small business loans and looked into getting credit cards. But after paying off all my debt in late 2021, I didn’t want to get myself into a new mountain of debt, especially with the current economic climate.
After doing some research, talking with fellow entrepreneurs, and A LOT of prayer, I felt God’s voice nudge me to this: Seeking the support and encouragement from my friends, family, and community who've been a part of this journey all along – a GIANT leap of faith and act of courage, stepping out of my comfort zone to ask for help.
So, here I am, asking for your support to give me some breathing room so I don’t have to work three jobs to build a business that is committed to helping women prepare, prevent, and protect themselves from a violent attack.
Why should you support me?
1. If you are tired of hearing stories about violence against women and people in general.
2. Women deserve to be safe and feel empowered against today’s threats and tyranny.
3. I know I can make a difference in women’s lives and help them to feel safe. Imagine how liberated women will feel when they can walk to their car and live their lives never having to feel afraid again.
4. PLUS, supporting me means you are joining a movement to encourage, inspire, and empower women to take control of their personal safety. HOW AWESOME IS THAT??
5. As a founding member, you would get to be a part of helping Ms. Defense come to life AND-- get this: FREE access to all of my upcoming courses and classes!
Why do I need your help?
I am raising money to help pay for startup costs, including insurance, marketing, supplies, online course and live workshop creation and locations, and self-defense products. It will also help me serve more women and teach them how to feel safe, no matter where they are.
You can help me in three ways:
1. If you are a woman, or a man with a mom, wife, daughter, sister, aunt, female friends or colleagues, etc, please consider buying one of my online courses. It all adds up!
2. Share this fundraiser with your friends, family, and community.
3. Consider donating to this GoFundMe if you are able.
Every dollar counts and no contribution is too small. It will all go toward startup costs including business licenses, insurance, certifications, marketing, supplies, technology, inventory, and office space.
I am so incredibly grateful for anything you can do, even if that's simply sharing this fundraiser. I know God gave me this passion and purpose for a reason. I sincerely hope you will support it.
Thank you so much for your love and support!