Mr. Banks

This morning Mr. Banks fell 11 stories off my deck. He fell over 100 feet. Miraculously he survived, but with 3 broken legs. Mr. banks is a fighter. He made the trip from the streets of Hawaii to the Seattle Animal Shelter when he was a wee guy and made it to my house when he was 6 weeks old (fully neutered with a few extra toes). He is now 11 months old. He loves playing with his best buddy George, cuddling and literally runs into my bed to cuddle every morning when he hears me ask “Alexa what time is it?”

The vet says he could live a great life beginning in 4 weeks, but he will loose one leg and needs surgery on the other two. The cost for surgery is estimated to be $20,000-26,000. I know INSANE!!! Most of my life that number would not have been a big number, but after running a small business through COVID and in the current economy, it is literally a life changing amount for me now. It is a number that has brought me to the edge of saying to put him down. I can not afford the entire bill. I’ve cried for the last few hours about it and was committed to letting him go until I heard his best bud George going from room to room looking for him crying. The price is insane to bring him home. I know it and can’t foot it by myself, but saying goodbye without seeing if others will help seems like a coward thing to do. So I am going public. I can’t afford the vet bill. I am pretty certain getting the entire bill funded this way is equally insane, but miracles happen and him surviving a 11 story fall is proof of that. I am having the surgeries done.

For those who want the details, he fell between 9-9:30 am. I had just gotten off a conference call and was getting ready to leave my house when I did a head count and did not see him. I know he fell after 9:00 because at 9:00 him and George where making so much noise that I tossed a toy at them to quite them down during my call. At 9:30 my call ended and went to pack up to go to the office. I normally, toss some treats out and do a head count before heading out. I could not find him. I looked around the house. I looked over the deck just incase and did not see him and became panicked when I could not find him by 10 am. I texted a neighbor that he was missing. She went down to check outside. When she called him, she heard him cry. The building manager and I quickly ran to my deck to see if we could see him. We could not. We went down to the 5th floor and looked on a different deck and saw him on the awning right above the entrance to the building. He was obviously hurt. I ran up to my unit to get keys, wallet and carrier. He ran and got a ladder. The ladder was climbed and he was put in the carrier. The building manager passed him to me and said “he is really hurt.” My neighbor and I took off running with him the 5 blocks to the vet. The vet was surprised he lived. They triaged him and then said we had to get him to a hospital vet. The hospital vet has never seen a cat fall from that height and live. Let alone have the ability to recover. It is miracle he lived, but a VERY expensive one. I know times are tough for many other business owners and if you can’t give I understand, but my pride can not be the reason he does not live.


Donations (398)

See top
  • Orion Von Hubel
    • $20 
    • 3 mos
  • Anonymous
    • $25 
    • 3 mos
  • Cheryl Layton
    • $10 
    • 3 mos
  • Kenneth Gladden
    • $100 
    • 4 mos
  • Kenneth Rosman
    • $100 
    • 4 mos
See all


Jessica Tonani
Seattle, WA

Your easy, powerful, and trusted home for help

  • Easy

    Donate quickly and easily.

  • Powerful

    Send help right to the people and causes you care about.

  • Trusted

    Your donation is protected by the  GoFundMe Giving Guarantee.