Scott's Transplant Funds

The start of our new life began at 2:00 am, November 6th, 2014 when Scott received a call from the lab.  The gentleman  on the other end of the line said, " Mr. Harrison, it doesn't look good. You need to get to an emergency room immediately."  Scott drove himself to the hosptial and was admitted for 11 days.  He was told that he had complete kidney failure and that he was going to need dialysis and probably would need a kidney transplant.
 Fast forward 2 months to January 26th, 2015. I, Scott's wife, found him on our bedroom floor after being gone for about an hour. He was taken to the hospital, as the Paramedics had thought he had a seizure. Within a 1/2 hour of being in the emergency room, Scott had a Grand Mal seizure.  He had respitory failure and had to be intubated because he almost bit his tongue in half. He was on a breathing machine for over a week.
But let me back up for a minute and tell you why this is all such a shock to us.
In July 2013' we went to visit our family and friends here in Washington. We had moved from here to California in 2002. But after visiting this time, we felt it was best that we raise our daughter in a slower paced environment. We wanted to be able to have Scott work and me stay at home and be there for our daughter when she came home from school, etc.   We placed our home in California up for sale at the beginning of 2014 and had a buyer shortly after that.  We packed up all our things and moved back to Washington in June. We were all so excited to be starting a new life and new adventures with our family and friends.   Scott began not feeling well. Know mind you, he has never been sick except for having a cold or the flu.  He  went to Urgent Care towards the end of September and they thought he had GERD and high blood pressure. They gave him medications for both and said to follow up with his primary care doctor. The next week he visited that doctor, which by the way was his first visit with him.  The doctor said he needed to come back in thirty days because Scott had not been on the medications long enough. So, 30 day's later, November 5th,  he went back and they ran a series of blood work and that's when we received that 2am phone call.
Scott  has many many doctors appointments,  so many medications to take and has been told he can not drive for 6 months and will not be able to work for a year or more.  
He has started the process for his name to be on the transplant list. The waiting time in the Pacific Northwest is 4-5 years. We hope his wait will not be that long, as his sister Sandy is also in the process to donate a kidney to him. We are praying they will be a match.
We were told we should tell our story and start a fundraiser for Scott. We are going to need funds to help pay for all the medical expenses, transportation expenses, to help pay for a hotel for the 4-6 weeks after his transplant, and the list goes on.
We can not thank you enough on your financial generosity in helping our family through this difficult time we are going through. 
Many blessing to you all,
Love the Harrison Family
  • Larry Chitwood 
    • $100 
    • 81 mos
  • Sandy Solberg 
    • $40 
    • 81 mos
  • Terri & Rick Nay 
    • $200 
    • 82 mos
  • Sharon McCuistion 
    • $200 
    • 82 mos
  • Joe DePinto 
    • $15 
    • 82 mos
See all


Julie Harrison 
Yelm, WA
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more