She awoke around midnight to flames on the ceiling above her bed. She tried to put the fire out, standing on a chair and throwing water at the flames. In this attempt, she fell off the chair and was amazingly uninjured. Fire falling on her, she opened the back door for her cats and went through the house to the front door. Attempting to go back into the house she was overcome with smoke and became lost in a hallway thick with it. Luckily she found her way back to the front door and threw herself out escaping only with her phone, wearing only her socks and pajamas.
The cause of the fire was most likely due to a hot chimney and very high winds that night.
She has nothing. Her purse, identification, clothing, shoes, and home are all gone. Anything will help to get her back on her feet somewhat. She will need to find a place to live, rent, clothing, and housewares. As well as the costs associated with replacing her identification etc.
This was my childhood home full of family photos, childhood memorabilia, and irreplaceable books, pictures, antiques- everything I loved in my Mothers home.
DonationsSee top donations
- Bob Rowlings
- Cindy Meche
- Nicole Trask
- Aaron Straight
- Tracy Rienstra
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more