I created this GoFund Me page for my sister and her little family. On Monday around 1:30am, my sister awoke to a strange smell in her home (which is a miracle because she never wakes up for those kinds of things). She saw smoke coming in her room and hopped out of bed and to her surprise, the whole house was filling with smoke and she realized her house was on fire. She immediately grabbed her baby and her blind chihauha and her husband ran upstairs to get the two older children. They all safely gathered on the street while my sister called 911. The kids were devestated to see their house ablaze but fortunately none of them were hurt or injured. Unfortunately though, they are not sure if they will be able to recover their items due to limited liabilty on their insurance plan.
I talked Erica and Darren into allowing me to create this GoFund me campaign, so that they could receive the help that they need at this time. I explained to her that it is not just about the donations and/or the money, but moreso about the comfort it will provide for her when she sees just how generous, loving, and loyal, our friends and family are when a crisis strikes. There is no better feeling than the love you receive from the people around <3! We appreciate anything that you are able to give, a little goes a long way!
- Ivy Yapelli
- Patricia Pappert
- Peter Servon
- Tracy Byarlay
Organizer and beneficiary
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more