Both Eugenia and I have come up against some medical bills that we simply can't pay and for which we do not wish to have extended debt. Eugenia has had to have periodontal surgery to save her lower jaw and surgery on one of her feet, and I have had to deal with my various ailments related to my liver, and while we do have insurance, the coinsurance is way higher than we expected as the deductible is pretty high and has to be met, and we've been living paycheck to paycheck for years. We knew this type of thing would hit us sooner or later but we thought the insurance would cover us better.
My liver is cirrhotic, and it affects my spleen's ability to make platelets. That means that every time I cut myself accidentally I have a bleeding issue, and something like having a tooth extracted is likely to put me in the hospital, as it already has done once. I recently had to be admitted for what appeared to be an attack of pneumonia, and the treatment I received was over the top and I had to put a stop to it or God knows how long I'd have been in there. We got a $10,000-plus charge for only two days in there of which the insurance is covering 30%. After two days of antibiotics they finally agreed to release me, and I refused to have a CT scan done on my infected tooth because I already knew how much that would cost. I also have to have a second tooth extracted which will require hemastatic treatment not covered by my dental plan in order to control the bleeding and avoid going back to the ER. I passed on having gall bladder surgery as with my platelet situation I was told my survival chances for that simple operation were only 70%, andEugenia has had to have part of her lower jaw inside her mouth rebuilt to accomodate implants and crowns to replace the part of her teeth that were in a state of collapse, and hold the whole structure together.
We need this money within 60 days so as not to wind up having to set up another credit account and carry debt that would likely go into default. Our situation is not desperate like life-threatening, but if we can get some help I will not have to delay the Kinetic Element album as a result of taking money from that to pay these bills. Besides that, if I have to start depleting what reserves we have, we will be in world of hurt when I can't work anymore, and that day is not so far away, as I can feel in my body at the end of yet another 14-hour workday.
Everyone who helps, if you ask for it, will get some Kinetic Element stuff as that is the only thing I can offer as a reward. And it is OK to ask. I can reimburse the band for this. I have Travelog and Powered by Light CDs from the band, plus my solo CD Starship Universe, T-shirts for anything over $250, and a compliation CD of Christan Prog Rock (CPR #4) on which KE contributed a track. Or, if you like I can send you audio files of the music.
I'm exceedinlgy embarrassed to do this because I like to think I have everything under control financially, but this sudden influx of medical bills has made the near future quite uncertain. I also know I will have to ask for help getting the new record done, and I hate like hell to come to you twice. I made some bad decisions in years past that put me in my current predicament. If you said I deserve where I am, I would have to agree with you, nevertheless, the Internet does make some good things possible.
Thanks everyone in advance.
- Tony & Leslie D'Amato
- John Blangero
- Scott Corcoran
- Mark Monforti
- Uncle Norm
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more