Here in Oakland we are very close to beautiful forests, mountains, and beaches. Sadly, many of my middle schoolers have never gone hiking, haven't seen the Milky Way, haven't roasted marshmallows.
My goal for the coming school year is to organize two camping trips for my 7th and 8th graders from Frick Impact Academy. I'm doing a few things to make this happen:
* I have partnered with the Bay Area Wilderness Program who will supply camping gear.
* I have recruited school staff to chaperone a two night trip this September.
* I have begun practicing corny jokes (What's brown and sticky??? A stick!!) and ghost stories.
I need some help, however, to support two trips for 60 kids this year. Your generosity will provide for:
* Transportation (15 person vans at $500/trip)
* Meals ($7/per student/day)
* Campgrounds ($100/night)
- Pilar Beccar-Varela
- Francoise Bason
- Burt and Jen Alper
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more