Micheal Gibson also known by many as Gibby, is an irreplaceable son, dependable brother, loving boyfriend, USAF Veteran, and most of all a great friend. He would give you the shirt off his back, drive miles to fix your flat, and would never expect anything back in return. He served his country diligently in the USAF. Please support this veteran and dear friend during this difficult time as he starts his long road to recovery.
On August 27th 2018 our good friend Michael Gibson was shot outside of his home in Savannah GA while walking his dog. He suffered a single bullet wound to the neck and was rushed into emergency surgery. The bullet caused severe damage to his throat, vocal cords, trachea, and was lodged in his spine. He is currently in stable condition in the ICU. The culprits are still at large and appeared to have selected him at random. We are hopeful they will be brought to justice.
The good news is he is alive, responsive to questions, and fully aware of his surroundings. Although he can't communicate through talking he is nodding in acknowledgement to questions. He is breathing on his own through a trach. Overall he is doing well considering the injury he suffered.
The bad news is he is unable to speak and may not be able to. (However, his family is learning to read lips pretty well).
The worse news is he will likely be paralyzed but the extent is unknown until he heals some. He currently can move his head some and part of his arms but nothing below the chest. In worst case he never gets better than his current condition.
Link to news story:
HOW YOU CAN HELP:
1. Pray: First and foremost we ask you to pray for Michael (Gibby). It's a miracle that he is still alive but we could use a few more miracles on his road to recovery. He is a strong man and we have faith he will pull through this.
2. Pay (donate): As many of you know medical bills can be expensive and he's going to have a lot of them. He is also going to be out of work recovering for a long time. If you are capable and have the means, please donate some money to this campaign. Even the smallest amount is greatly appreciated and will not be wasted.
All money raised will go directly to his medical and expenses during this difficult time.
1. We have surpassed our initial goal of $5000 for his medical deductible!
2. We have surpassed our 2nd goal of $10,000 to cover his out of pocket insurance maximum!
3. Our 3rd goal is $20,000 to cover renovations to his house in order to make it wheelchair friendly.
4. Our 4th goal is to raise enough to cover a vehicle that is wheelchair friendly.
3. Post (share): In order to reach as many people as possible we ask that you please share this campaign on facebook, twitter, or anywhere else you can think of. Help us give back to someone who has touched so many lives. Also if you would like, please leave a comment or words of encouragement.
On behalf of the Gibson family we thank you for taking the time to at least read through this campaign. We hope that you said a pray for Michael and greatly appreciate your care and support during this difficult time.
DonationsSee top donations
- Raymond Gaddy
- Missy Speer
- Karen Isaac
- Joel Kobert
Fundraising team: Team Gibby (3)
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more