With a creative approach to sustainability, we have developed several social enterprises that provide jobs for people with disabilities:
• Mi Aquaponics, which grows award-winning vegetables, flowers and other produce for local restaurants
• Mi Events, which is a Tent Rental business, with 5 Tents over 300 Chairs, 30 Tables, slushy machines, popcorn makers, ice cream carts, cotton candy, lights, coolers, grills and a pig roaster.
• Mi Way Food is our Gourmet Food line, featuring our Gourmet Chocolate covered popcorn. We will soon have salad dressings, dry rubs, coffee, teas and salsa.
• Mi Sparks, a firewood division that sells and delivers season firewood from July to December.
• Mi Expressions is our Pallet wood shop. We design and make all types of products from reclaimed wood. We also have our own Vinyl cutter and can make wonderful signs.
• Mi Natural Beauty is our own line of body butters, lip balms, deodorant, scented candles using all natural products and essential oils.
Each of these divisions of Mi Abilities will give us the capacity to place 30 to 50 special needs adults within our community a job that they can call their own.
The timing is right for starting this new venture. The property we have chosen is in an exceptional location in Milford Township. The road we are on has an average of 7,000 cars pass it in a day. With the acreage we have on the property it gives us the ability to grow with our demands.
Bear Hall, the manager, has worked in a high-paced, customer-service- oriented profession at a growing company for 18 years. He has earned the respect of his colleagues through hard work and dedication. Bear has two special needs children and helped coach our local Special Olympics team for over 10 years. From business colleagues to friends surveyed, Bear has what it takes to make this venture extremely successful.
We need your help! Every day we need something new to make this happen for our young adults. We need tools, commercial cooking equipment, trailers, tents, chairs, tables. These items will allow us to make this worthwhile organization a reality. Please consider making a donation to Mi Abilities, today!
Please help us change the lives of these young adults. They so want to be a part of our community, they want to show they can be a part of our society and give back. Make this happen for them.
- Dan McHugh
- Thomas Lowen
- Michelle Goldmann
- Heidi Weber
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more