Memorial for Jill Davis

In March 2013 at the age of 49 Jill went in for a routine Pap. April 4 she got the call that she had a rare type of Cervical Cancer. Diagnosed as stage 1B2, her doctors decided a combo of chemo + radiation was the best route to attack her tumor.

6 grueling rounds of chemo, 25 exhausting external radiation treatments, and 3 internal radiation procedures later, she was thrilled to be done with this part of her journey on June 11 of the same year.

Her primary oncologist suggested waiting another 3 months to do a PET scan + biopsy with hopes that radiation would have worn off a bit by then and we would get clear results.

September came and Jill had high hopes that she would get the "cancer-free" go ahead, instead there were concerns that her uterus may now be diseased. The options were: wait 6 weeks for another scan or go ahead with a hysterectomy. She opted to do the surgery.

Wednesday September 25 she entered the OR at 11am for a 2 hour surgery and didn't leave until 7pm. When they went in to do the procedure they found the worst fistula her doctor had ever seen. What was left of her cervix had attached to her bladder - as well as a section of her uterus. The only way to un-attach it was to surgically remove her bladder from these other organs.

In doing so they came across some issues: her bladder has been severely damaged by radiation. When they went to repair it, the tissue was crumbling and difficult to work with. In addition to the bladder damage, her left kidney was found to have issues as well.

Unfortunately pathology came back from her hysterectomy and found that not only was there cancer in her uterus but also her ovaries. Chemo was scheduled for mid-October, but Jill was back in the hospital due to blood clots forming in her lungs only a few weeks post-surgery.

Chemo had to be put off while her doctors fought to dissolve the blood clots. October 18 they rushed her to the ER, only to find the clots had grown and multiplied. She continued to fight through extreme pain in the ICU, and set back after set back, Jill held hope that she would be healed.

In the early morning of October 28, just 7 months after diagnosis, at the age of 49, Jill went to be with Jesus. With her mother by her side, she was finally free from pain and disease.

It is believed that the tumors in her body were throwing clots left and right, and eventually a pulmonary embolism get to her heart.

Jill was married to Pat for 32 years and they have 4 children: Angie, Joel, Sadie, and Abby - as well as a son in law and 3 grandchildren.

She devoted her life to helping others, in ministry, working with the poor and homeless - often times caring for those most wouldn't give the time of day to. She was both selfless and loving, and didn't hesitate to sacrifice what she had so others wouldn't go without.

We created this memorial fund to help with the costs of both services and travel - one in California, the other in Ohio. Thank you so much for your support.
  • Anonymous 
    • $150 
    • 92 mos
  • Jordyn Nakao 
    • $200 
    • 92 mos
  • Valerie McNeely 
    • $250 
    • 92 mos
  • Judith Funkhouser-Figueroa 
    • $25 
    • 92 mos
  • Krissy and Hayden 
    • $100 
    • 93 mos
See all


J Davis 
Concord, CA
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more