After a 10-year successful career, Melissa Landa was abruptly dismissed from her teaching position at the University of Maryland (UMD), soon after she voiced her pro-Israel views and began to oppose BDS.
What needs to be done?
It is now time for us to hold the University of Maryland accountable for destroying Melissa's academic career.
Why should you help?
1. Melissa Landa’s fight is our fight. It is a fight of anyone who has been following the growth of anti-Zionism and antisemitism in academia.
2. Melissa has been dragged through UMD's bureaucracy for two years. She has already spent thousands of dollars.
3. Melissa has been forced to take her case to court. However, suing a large, wealthy University to ensure fairness to all pro-Israel voices in academia is an expensive undertaking.
4. The outcome of this case will set a precedent for Jewish students and professors across the United States.
5. We must come together to send a powerful message that we will not tolerate discrimination against Jewish professors who publicly support Israel.
Do you want to know more?
For more detailed information see the Supporters of Melissa Landa website: Support for Melissa Landa
Above: Landa's most recent book, published in November 2017
Above: Melissa With her UMD students on Masada, one week before being terminated.
Hear what Melissa'a students say about her:
“Letter: We’re Melissa Landa’s former students. She should still work at UMD”