Early Sunday morning, John awoke to smoke. Upon opening the door to the bedroom, he saw the entire apartment was engulfed in flames. Batting the flames away, John managed to escape but sustained burn injuries to his arms and hands as well as smoke inhalation. Melissa was up in Seattle with their pinball troupe at a tournament. When she heard about the fire, she immediately returned home to be with her John.
All of their belongings were lost. They don't have renters insurance and as such is completely at the mercy of the goodwill of their community, family, and friends to help them rebuild their life, and find a new place to live.
For those of you who have opened their doors to them, thank you. Your generosity is appreciated more than you know.
- Amanda Morgan
- Emily Nieuwsma
- Buddy Powell
- David Zuro
Organizer and beneficiary
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more