Max's All Stars needs your support to continue operations in 2020 and beyond. Our goals for the future are to continue growing our youth basketball program. We intend to resume hosting workouts and join leagues/tournaments. Our staff looks forward to building a strong youth basketball program that serves as a positive influence for our participants – on and off the court. We also intend to apply for USA Basketball certification , Jr. NBA status and/or become an official AAU team to further increase our presence and legitimize our youth basketball efforts. In addition, Max’s All Stars hopes to become a tax-exempt nonprofit organization under category 501(c)(3) . This would provide a tax deduction for donors who make a charitable contribution.
*** About Us ***
Since October 2015, we have laid the foundation for the Max's All Stars Youth Basketball Program. This includes:
• A dedicated coaching staff that features former collegiate/professional basketball players who are now imparting their wisdom on a younger generation ✔
• An affordable gym rental provided by Indoor Hoops in Manhattan or Brooklyn that should be able to attract players from all over the city ✔
• Video footage of almost every workout/game that serves as a valuable learning resource for our participants, provides exposure for them and helps us promote the team ✔
• UPDATE (Fall 2019): Two members of the Max's All Stars Youth Basketball Program are starting their collegiate careers this year - Justin Cardenas and Keone Billey. Justin and Keone were members of the Max's All Stars Youth Basketball Program in 2015 and 2016. They both attended our weekly workouts led by Corey Orgias, Jason Lewis, Patrick James and Troy Whittington. Justin played in 8 games for Max's All Stars and Keone played in 17. Justin played basketball for Thomas Edison Career & Technical High School from 2016 to 2019 and is now a freshman at the College of Staten Island. Keone is a freshman at Kingsborough Community College.
*** Sponsorship Opportunities ***
Max’s All Stars is an up and coming NYC basketball team with a proven winning track record and reputation. In addition to that, off the court Max’s All Stars is the most organized team in the city and works hard to build a strong brand through the Internet/social media. Sponsoring Max’s All Stars will give you the ability to promote your organization using our Internet/social media presence (YouTube Channel – 27,584 total lifetime views, Blog – 21,459 total lifetime views, 574 Twitter followers, 1,159 Instagram followers, 231 Facebook page followers) and at our games in some of the highest profile basketball leagues around New York City.
In addition, Max's All Stars received 290 votes for The Basketball Tournament (TBT) in 2015. This represents a 238 vote increase (458%) from 2014. Our team went 1-1 at TBT 2015 and the exposure we recieve was invaluable. TBT published a video podcast about Max's All Stars (https://youtu.be/95A810UKueM) and an article on their website (http://www.thetournament.com/news/basketball-speaks-max-margulis).
Our team can offer several avenues of promotion:
• Your company logo placed on Max’s All Stars official website, blog, YouTube channel (in our videos) and online team store (on our products).
• Mentions of your company on our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages.
• Courtside signage during our games (i.e. a banner next to our bench).
• Personal appearances by members of our team at your place of business.
In exchange, we are looking for sponsors to provide:
• Funds to defray our league/tournament entry fees.
• Promotion of our team’s efforts to your customers to help us get selected into leagues/tournaments.
Here are some links to Max's All Stars online:
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/maxsallstars
Team Store: http://www.zazzle.com/maxsallstars
Here is some more background information about the team:
Max's All Stars began playing at the Hofstra University Recreation Center in Fall 2006 under the name of Max’s Auerbachers (in honor of the late, great Arnold “Red” Auerbach) and evolved to become Hofstra Club Basketball in 2008. Now known as Max's All Stars, the team plays in various competitive New York City adult basketball leagues all year round. Max Margulis is the founder, head coach and general manager of his All Stars.
The team has featured a number of former NCAA Division I, II, III talent and a few former professional basketball players while competing in notable NYC leagues such as the 92Y A-Division, Basketball City, McBurney YMCA, NY Alumni Sports, Showcase NYC, Gun Hill Classic Open Division, Gardiner Memorial Tournament, Riverside Classic, Harlem4Life, Kenny Graham's West Fourth Street, Watson Basketball Classic, Johnny Rodriguez's Hoops Showdown, Tri-State Classic, Full Court Charity Challenge, ABC Hoops, NYC Basketball League, Zog Sports, East Harlem Hoops and The Basketball Tournament (TBT). Max's All Stars always aspires to compete on a higher level.
Max Margulis has a 238-128 (.650) overall record as head coach of Hofstra Club Basketball and his All Stars. During this time he has led his teams to 22 championship games (winning fifteen).
In October 2015, Max's All Stars started hosting youth basketball workouts. Click here to learn more about our up and coming youth basketball program.
To learn more about Max’s All Stars, please visit our website http://www.maxsallstars.com or send an Email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
YOUR SUPPORT OF #MaxsAllStars IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!