MAU MAU KAHAWA
- Coffee Training sessions were conducted in the UK and France.
Getting into Africa:
- Establish our Kenyan base from where we serve Uganda, Tanzania, Burundi and Rwanda, South Africa
Expanding to West Africa:
- We now looking to cover West Africa (Togo, Nigeria...)
- We secured a location in Nairobi at Riverside, Westlands , a serene upper middle class neighbourhood of Nairobi. From here we have established various partner locations in the different countries in the region.
- So far over 350 students …and counting, from all over Africa have attended our certified SCA training sessions.
Open a training centre in Western Kenya, Rongo Town (Migori County) to
- Work with Coffee Producers, which are mostly women, to produce a better-quality coffee
- Train Coffee Producers to roast and package their own coffee for local distribution
- Train Youth to work in the coffee sector (from Farm work to Barista)
- Develop small Coffee Shops run by youth and women Kenya, to improve coffee consumption and create a local coffee economy
Financial inclusivity of small scale high-quality coffee farmers to ensure the sustainability of supply to discerning coffee markets
Become an ambassador for African coffee connoisseurs in Africa and beyond
Our Passion for quality coffee drives us.
Problem VS. Solution
- Smallholder farmers are constrained by the coffee sector because they do not have the expertise in coffee.
- The paradox of the African coffee market is that despite the fact its has coffee varieties fetch premium prices in international markets, the majority of the continent's coffee farmers are yet to enjoy this benefit, as these premium prices do not trickle down to them, who by and large are small scale producers.
- Offer training programs which are certified internationally by Specialty Coffee Association (SCA)
- Take our operations closer to coffee farmers
Africa has an insatiable pool of youth and energy looking for skills and opportunity
Mau Mau Karibu Kahawa is focused on playing a key role as the centre of African coffee renaissance
Coffee education - specialist training
- We have the only certified trainers in East Africa by the international by Specialty Coffee Association (SCA)
- The course is practical, requiring experiential practice to graduate through its 3 main levels.
- Expert level graduates automatically qualify to join the prestigious Zurich University of Applied Science for a Master’s Program at the Coffee Excellence Center
Coffee roasting on behalf of producers
- We work with farmers to roast and package their coffee to discerning markets earning them premium.
- We also work with select establishment in source and roasting beans to their specific standards
- At our training facility, young people have learnt skills as baristas and gotten placements in various coffee companies in different parts of Africa.
- They have been licensed and have learnt to be traders, while others have started their own small businesses.
Our rooster of graduates can claim the 2022 Kenya Barista Champion who is destined to participate in the 2022 World Barista Championship in Australia, Melbourne.
- Our most amazing work has resulted in tripling incomes for some producers/students, which in turn provides their families with employment opportunities.
- We have continued to advocate and promote local coffee-drinking culture as a way for the markets to appreciate excellence in coffee and in return, to provide employment opportunities for young people.
ACCESS TO MARKET
- At a basic level the firm has provided small-scale farmers with opportunities for market access and education.
- When producers become more knowledgeable about how the market works, fewer of them will be taken advantage of, and more will be aggressive in approaching buyers.
70% of Kenyan coffee is produced by smallholders, while the sector employs about 6,000,000 people directly and indirectly. An estimated 800,000 growers, mainly smallholder farmers, are involved in coffee growing (Coffee Directorate, 2019).
Our current target market is Specialty Coffee Producers based in East Africa is 40 -60 farms in Kenya over the next year. Our value proposition to them is currently unmatched in the market.
Mau mau Karibu Kahawa is currently the only institution of its kind in the region, exclusively offering ALL the modules of the globally recognised Specialty Coffee Association (SCA) training and certification program.
We target to annually train 200-400 youth targeting careers in Hospitality and Cafes together with local coffee connoisseurs in East and West Africa. The rapidly expanding African middle class guarantees us a sustainable market
With our ideal market positioning, we have attracted global partners to work with us in promoting speciality coffee
Kindly donate to this GoFundMe campaign
Be a part of our crowdfunding
With your help, we will be able to:
- Take our services closer to small-scale coffee farmers to reach 30 to 100 annually, increasing their revenue from $0.95/kg to more than $4.0 per kg
- Increase capacity of the training program from 50 to 450 youth, preparing them for the skills market paying them 2 to 4 times their current salary
For every $1,000, we will be able to market and train 10 youths and successfully engage 15 smallholder farmers
- We pay back your money and interest within 18 months from month 6 in biannual coupons.
- Updates on the specific farms you select to support
- We offer a 10% annual return
For more information, kindly contact us [email redacted] or WhatsApp +254769083578 for a visio call.