** If any of our employees with the companies listed below have brought joy and happy memories you and your family, please consider donating what you can to help them.**
As many of you now know, on August 8th, 2023 devastating wildfires tore through our Maui community in Lahaina, upcountry Maui, and Kihei. Our beloved Maui Pineapple Store and offices on Front Street are destroyed, among other losses. We are so thankful that our 88 employees and their families are all safe. With that being said, many on our team and their families have been severely impacted by this heartbreaking and tragic event. Eight employees have lost their homes, many are displaced and are unsure if they will be able to go back home or stay on Maui, some lost pets, and more.
We are doing everything we can to take care of them all as best we can. All money raised in this GoFundMe will be given DIRECTLY to members of our Ohana who need this support right now.
Our family of companies, their status, and associated number of employees include:
• Maui Pineapple Store on Front Street in Lahaina o Destroyed by fire, 9 employees
• Maui Chocolate Tour in Lahaina o Indefinitely suspended operations, 9 employees
• Maui Coconut Tour in Launiupoko o Indefinitely suspended operations, 7 employees
• Maui Pineapple Tour in Hali’imaile o Temporarily suspended operations, 9 employees
• Maui Gold Pineapple Farm o Impacted but continuing operations, 41 employees
Additionally, all of these companies are supported by the 13 employees on our Administrative and Maintenance teams that were based out of our Front Street office in Lahaina which was destroyed.
Funds will be carefully and thoughtfully distributed based on need, with the following being the currently identified areas of support:
• Clothes, food, and school supplies
• Temporary housing
• Relocation costs (both on and off-island)
• Replacement of household goods & family vehicles
• Assistance with critical bills, housing deposits, etc.
• Mental health support
Despite dealing with their own severe losses, our team immediately jumped into action to help their community. If you want to see just some of their efforts, please visit any of the Maui Gold social media. What they have done so far and what they continue to do for their Maui friends and neighbors is nothing short of inspirational.
Please give what you can to these amazing people.
Mahalo for anything you can contribute to help them start to heal and rebuild.