My mission in life is to build up Christians in the faith so they might point people to Christ, transform their communities, and do all the good they can to the glory of God.
I aim to do this through public theology––leveraging the writing, teaching, and organizational gifts God has given me through various media, speaking, and consulting opportunities. For 13 years this was expressed in different roles at Desiring God, including leading the web department, serving as director of strategy, and helping build the ministry for greater spreading.
Over the past few years, my two biggest projects have been publishing What’s Best Next: How the Gospel Transforms the Way You Get Things Done
and creating content for WhatsBestNext.com
, a resource site focused on applying theology to leadership, management, and the world of work. I have also been doing a lot of speaking at churches, conferences, non-profits, and businesses.Your Help––Why and Why Now?
With the humbling success of What’s Best Next and the passionate feedback I receive, one thing has become increasingly and compellingly clear: there is a deep hunger for more training in these areas––especially in the realms of gospel-empowered productivity and management.
Many Christians today are hungry to do work that matters, but they’re simply overwhelmed. They want to honor God and serve people in their work, but aren’t always sure how to do that with less friction and frustration.
I believe What’s Best Next has a role to play in meeting this need, but I keep hitting two major roadblocks:
1. I can’t expand these ministry initiatives on my own
2. Living expenses and family commitments prevent significant financial investment
In order to dedicate my full-time attention in this next season, I need help from a team of generous catalysts. I created this GoFundMe campaign to ask if you’d consider a gift of support to make the following strategic projects possible. What Your Support Will Accomplish
Your generous support will enable the following:
1. Producing an online training course in Gospel-Driven Productivity (GDP)
2. Creating a much-requested short book on GDP (more accessible than What’s Best Next)
3. Editing, organization, and making available over 600 unpublished articles on theology, leadership, management, and the world of work––all from a gospel-centered perspective. These will be free on WhatsBestNext.com
4. Start-up funds for building a WBN teamWhat Supporters Will Receive
If you’re able to support these efforts, I want to say thank-you in the following ways:
- For gifts over $25, you will receive a free digital copy of the GDP book (when finished)
- For gifts over $100, free access to the online course (when finished, estimated $250 value).
- For gifts over $500, a free coaching session in the realm of personal leadership and personal management that customizes GDP for you.Sample Testimonials from What's Best Next
To help see the impact the teachings of What's Best Next have been having, here are some testimonials I've received from readers, and then a few of the endorsements from the book.
"Thank you for writing What's Best Next. I cannot put into words how helpful the book has been for me in my life and my faith."
- From a Reader Email
"Just got off the phone with a lead pastor in Indianapolis. He's had a huge revelation on the primacy of the gospel in his ministry/life that is changing everything about the way he thinks and ministers. He attributes it all to your book."
- From a Reader Email
"Stop everything and read it. If you read this book, and put into practice the things contained within, you’ll be able to get to other books on your list, and all the other things you put off to make space for reading this book and putting into practice the habits he suggests, and a bunch of other things as well. How do I know? Because it works for me. "
- From a blogger and pastor
“This book is simply extraordinary…I doubt there is a person on the planet who knows both theological issues and time-management literature to the depth and extent Matt Perman does.”
, founder and teacher, desiringGod.org; author, Don’t Waste Your Life
“In this amazing volume, Matt Perman offers a wealth of practical, real-world productivity solutions, all framed within the context of the Gospel. He provides the know-how and the know-Who we need to be faithful stewards over the gifts we have been given.”
, New York Times bestselling author of Platform; MichaelHyatt.comThank You
Thank you for your prayerful consideration of this opportunity. I am deeply appreciative of your support.