I am Pandora Williams and my dog is very sick. His vet bills are mounting up and as much as I hate to ask for help, right now, I need it. So here I am.
As strange as this may sound, to sit and type this out from my perspective makes me very sad. Instead, I have to think of how my fur baby would tell this story. So, here we go...
"Hi! Woof! I'm Manny, a world class Jack Russell Terrier, and I did something stupid and it's causing a lot of issues. See, back on Labor Day, my mom (not my real mom, but the awesome woman that fell in love with my cuteness 5 years ago) was enjoying a piece of corn, and I couldn't resist the smell of her leftovers, so I jumped up to her plate and ate the corn cob. Boy was it tasty!
I didn't realize that it was bad for me, and my poor little belly couldn't digest it. She had to rush me to the doctor really late at night, and they gave me some medicine that made me vomit the corn cob up (trust me, it tasted better going down!). Well, after several hours, I vomited three times, and 2 pieces of the cob came out. However, my little belly was holding on to one last piece. Next, my mom had to rush me to a vet hospital 2 hours away for an emergency endoscopic procedure, and that doctor was able to pull the final piece out. Woohoo! I went home, felt great, and went on wagging my furry little tail again.
But, that wasn't it. After a few days, my belly started to not feel good again. I woke my mom up at 4am with some crazy vomiting, and back to the vet we went again. I've been in the hospital for six days now, and they've discovered lots of new issues. I'm not sure what all this means, but I've been diagnosed with pancreatitis, gastritis, esophogitis and aspiration pneumonia. Fun stuff - not!
They've been giving me medications through a tube in my paw, and with everything going on, I really don't feel like eating. My gastrointestinal tract is inflamed, and they don't know why I keep regurgitating so much. They want to do another endoscopy on me, stick a camera in my throat and tummy and see what is really going on in there. They say I will likely be sent home with a feeding tube. That doesn't sound like much fun. I feel bad about all of this - I only wanted to eat some corn, and I've caused a lot of stress on my mom.
See, pet care isn't cheap, and this is putting an unexpected financial burden on her. Several of my mom's friends have expressed a want to help, so I asked my mom to let me borrow her laptop so I could start this campaign and help her pay my bills and get me better! Trust me, if you think it's hard typing with paws, try it with an IV tube stuck in one!
Anyway...I really want to get home and start to feel better and get my tail wagging again. My mom is so worried about taking care of me right now. But I'm worried about getting back home to do my job and take care of her. She needs me. She's been through a lot since I came into her life and she depends on me.
So I'm asking for your help to get me to my goal. I really appreciate it - I woof you all!! "
Yeah. I think that is what Manny would say.
EDIT AND UPDATE - So far through GoFundMe and donations to the vet directly and cash donations given to me in person we managed to raise a grand totoal of $5,525 and paid off the entire vet bill and got Manny home. 3 days later Manny started vomitting again. on Wed 9/30 Manny went back into the hostpital. So far, bloodwork, ultrasounds, more blood work, all signs point to the fact that he is still fighting pancreatitis, gastritis and esphogitis as a result of this darn corn cob.
Manny's total current vet bill right now with charges as of 9/25 is at $3,764.61 and climbing - and unfortunately Manny and I still need help. There just isn't any way I can afford this.
I have raised the GoFundMe Goal to $9,289.61 to reflect the new bill.
I know that this is a lot of money for a dog. Trust me, when I see the number it makes me start to cry because I know that we are getting to the point that if I don't have help I will have no choice but to put this young and vibrant little fur baby of mine down. That is a grief I am just not sure I can deal with right now. So I am hoping there are still some folks out there willing to help.
He is special to me. He came to me on my Father's birthday a year after he had passed away, when I needed a little help from the Universe to get through the day. His name is actually Mannon, my Father's middle name, but I call him Manny.
I'm just not emotionally ready to give up yet, so if you can please help me not have too, I would really appreciate it.
So if you can help us, I'd really appreciate it. Please remember that even if we fall short of the total goal, every little bit helps right now and is a little bit towards of another day of Manny getting the care he needs while we figure out what is wrong with him and get him home to me. Thank you!
- Cindy Harkness
- Lanelle Markgraf
- Mick Ayres
- Shawn Kelsey
- Crystal Tice
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more