On Thanksgiving 2018, our youngest daughter (and sister) was diagnosed with Stage 4 Endometrial Cancer.
As many of you know, she is a strong, sassy 22 year-old with nothing but love for everyone around her. She’s the sweetest kid at heart, and strives constantly to bring a smile to everyone that she meets and knows. Mandy has a certain charm about her that impacts so many people daily.
For those that are not too familiar with Mandy, here are some of the people and things that Mandy loves and adores- they make Mandy, Mandy.
- She has been a young contributor and administrator of Lakeland Rocks/ Rockin Creations rock page for multiple years. Mandy loves creating art designs on rocks and hiding them in her community to make others smile. Mandy is so proud of her artwork and enjoys spending her time creating art and being with others that share that same interest.
-Mandy Pandy loves pandas, Pokémon, Stitch, and collecting cute rubber ducks. It is clear that her favorite color is purple because walking into her room, you’ll be amazed at how much is purple. Additionally, Mandy loves following stars on YouTube such as Jake Paul, and many others.
- Mandy and her older sister, Sarah, have a funny sibling relationship. They enjoy bickering over the usual girly things in life, listening to music, watching tv shows together and tormenting their parents. They go to each other for advice over big things or small things. Sarah and Mandy have anything but a typical sister relationship but that’s what makes them, Sarah and Mandy. The two they love each other with every piece of their being.
- Mandy is happiest walking around Universal Studios with her mother to find Spider-Man and see WWE events (momma always knows what her little minion likes). Mandy and her mother have an unspeakable bond that can never be broken. She is her mom’s bestest friend, confidant and smile.
- Mandy has a particular appetite which involves only a home-cooked meal made by her father. She always picks home made dad meals over any trip to a restaurant (nothing could ever beat her dad’s cooking). Mandy loves homemade dumplings, and pumpkin pie.
- Her future brother-in-law taught her how to play Clash Royale on her phone, so they could band together and squash opponents around the world with their wicked spells and card decks (TrickyNicky and sargeant96 are a force to be reckoned with).
Immediately after the diagnosis at Lakeland Regional Medical Center, Amanda has been fighting with great ferocity to overcome all pain and complications that came with her newfound illness. Due to the holiday season, it took time to collect, test and report all aspects of her cancer, in order to come up with an appropriate care plan for chemotherapy. Unfortunately, Amanda was diagnosed with an extremely rare, and aggressive cancer. Her doctors are shocked, frustrated and confused by the cancer’s rapid advancement to her lungs and lymph nodes within 1 week. Due to the rapid progression of this nasty cancer, Mandy has been under sedation for the last few days with a ventilator to support her breathing.
Please understand, our family wants nothing more than to take our sweet young lady home. We continue to pray for healing and absolutely zero pain. We want our Mandy to be as comfortable as possible because Mandy deserves only the best. She is the kindest, most genuine, and loving soul any of us have ever known.
The spread of Amanda’s disease has been so sudden and silent, we were not prepared under any circumstances. Emotionally, physically, or financially.
At this time, we are asking all family and friends of Amanda to help us ensure she remains comfortable, happy, and at ease during this very difficult time. Any amount is greatly appreciated to help with medical bills and other necessary finances. We thank you in advance for all of your thoughts, prayers and contributions.
With Much Love & Eternal Gratefullness,
The Sargeant Family
“Cancer can take away all of my physical abilities. It cannot touch my mind, it cannot touch my heart, and it cannot touch my soul.”