Your willingness to help communities in Philadelphia combat food insecurity has inspired us to do more. We are on track to launch 20 Mama-Tee Community Fridges by the end of December.
Did you know that when all of our fridges are stocked with fresh food more than 200 people are fed every day?
With the approaching winter weather combined with the pandemic, this time may be unlike anything we’ve ever experienced as a city. For that reason, we’ve challenged our team to come up with a plan to secure even more food while keeping our current operations open for communities, without interruption.
1. Introducing, the Mama-Tee Pop-Up Grocery Store. Featuring a designated supply of complimentary fruits and vegetables for anyone who needs it. Fresh food will be secured indoors and will be distributed to the community by our team.
2. The store will be able to house more food and therefore support more of our neighbors and friends. Look out for an exciting variety of products that will also be available.
3. To prepare, we have increased our GoFundMe goal in order to cover the cost of construction, staff requirements, etc.
4. The store is a temporary structure and will be located in the Graduate Hospital neighborhood until March 2021. After that, our mobile shop will find a new home to serve other Philadelphia communities in need.
5. The Mama-Tee Pop-Up Grocery store will adhere to all COVID -19 Health and Safety Protocols.
6. If you can support this project it would mean so much to us. Our aim is to have the Mama-Tee Pop-Up Grocery store up and running by the end of the year. Every little bit helps and we thank you so much for caring.
Please be on the look-out for more important updates. Follow us at www.instagram.com/mamateefridge. We appreciate you for sharing this information with your family, friends, and colleagues. Again, thank you for all you do and continue to do for the community. You are a part of their lives too. Be safe.
Michelle Nelson, PhD
Creative Director I Co-Founder
Jamal Wells, RA
P.S. We depend on volunteers to help us. If you would like to share your time, please send us an email: email@example.com, and one of our team members will be in touch
DonationsSee top donations
- James Ciarlante
- Kevin Malley
Organizer and beneficiary
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more