He was in the garage using WD-40 when a wall furnace ignited and set his hands and clothes on fire. He tried to pat the fire out unaware that his hands were soaked with overspray from the WD-40, making it worse with every swat. In a panic, he ran to the shower to try and extinguish it, not realizing that they had removed the knobs to the shower during the remodeling phase. After attempting to try and turn it on with out the knobs he ran back out of the house to attempt the STOP, DROP and ROLL in the snow. Now with most of his clothes already burnt off, this was succesful. The fire was out. By this time, the damage had been done. With Dad taking him to the first hospital, where they immediatly transferred him to a specialty burn center in Kansas City, KU Med, he now has a long a painful road ahead of him.
Here is where we are asking for support. Cory is the sole income provider for his family. Doctors estimate he will be unable to work for at least 1 year. Trish and little Kori will need help with everyday supplies just to carry on. We appreciate ANY support that you are willing and able to give to my brother and his family.
Also, thank you for your positive thoughts and prayers during this trying time.
- Davis O'Keeffe
- Donna Post bradield
- Isabel Sieswerda Bol
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more