Keith Davis is 56 years old. He was diagnosed with brain cancer in January of 2015, a Glioblastoma grade 4 brain Tumor. At this point he has lost the ability to read words, his number recognition and gets his colors mixed up.
He is a Sr. Director for two Chick-fil-a restaurants. He has not worked since January 12th. The hospital social worker advised us that this diagnosis automatically qualifies him for disability. These payments won't kick in for at least 6 months. When they do he will make less than half of what he was making. This will not even afford the home we rent. To be able to keep the doctors and the same medical team is crucial. We will need to pay Cobra for 18 months to keep Keith's health insurance. The Medicare that comes with disability doesn't kick in until 2 years from the disability qualifying date. Keith had his brain tumor surgery on January 23rd and will start 6 weeks of daily chemo and radiation treatments on February 19th followed by a year of additional chemo. I have no idea what the medical bills will add up to.
It was a challenge to come up with a goal amount for this fundraiser. I was told to just throw something out there and it could be changed at any time. I have no idea what we will need? But God knows!! So whatever the total reaches will be exactly what we need! We have no doubt that the God that we serve has a purpose n all of this. Meanwhile, we will be spending lots of time at the Duke Cancer Center. You can be sure we will be looking around to see just why God wants us to be among the medical staff, patients and care-givers of this facility!
So who is Keith Davis?
He is a husband, father, Grampa, friend and to many others a father figure and mentor. He loves The Lord and thrives on making meaningful connections with everyone he meets. If you meet him he is your friend and you matter. I've always said " he is the wisest person I've ever met". I know him better then anyone. I've been married to him for 30 years!
When I started to write this story it was hard to decide what to include. How do I get across to people that this man is worthy of their help and support? I've decided to share just a few of the hundreds of posts on Facebook about keith since learning of his cancer:
I need prayers for my Bro Keith Davis, married to Jodi's sister, don't have details but listen up, he needs God to send some healing and angels to watch over him. Please, he is one of the finest men I have ever met.
I thank you!
- Most of my FB friends will not know who I'm talking about, but I'm going to ask that everyone pray for Keith Davis and his family. Keith has been having difficulty reading and this passed week I have learned that the Doctors at Duke University Hospital discovered that Keith has a brain tumor. They will be determining the best action plan this week for surgery. Keith and his wife Terri have been like adoptive grandparents to my boys. They are so loving and welcoming to everyone. They have a dynamic that is so special and they offer to help while expecting nothing in return. It amazes me every time they are around my boys how they can interact and love two kids, that aren't "theirs" just as they would their own grandchildren. I will never forget the prayer that Keith emailed me, a prayer for my sweet baby boy, while I was in the hospital, once again, with my baby in the NICU. I was so scared of facing the journey through the NICU as I had once before with my first son, and Keith took time to pray for me, for my baby, and for his health, and it was so comforting hearing the prayers that he was sending. So, now, I wish to return those comforting thoughts to him, and I ask that even if you don't know him, say a prayer for him, or continue to pray for him through this journey.
- Ya know I've never really turned to god for any of my problems. But uncle Keith you mean so much to me this family and so many people in this world. Your going through a lot right now and I pray and pray and pray that you'll get better soon. Your that one guy that never gets mad. You always know how to put a smile on peoples faces. Your loving, caring, and one of the most amazing uncles I've ever had I love you so much. If anyone can do it, it's you. Get better soon
- Prayer is needed for Keith Davis and his family. He is one of the most kind hearted respected man I know, when I was a child and needed that positive Parental male figure in my life he was there and that family has truly made a difference in my life.
- The most kind, generous, adventurous and godly man in my life growing up has just received some rough news. Keith is my brother in law and has played a very large part in my life as well as everyone that has ever met him. Please send thoughts and prayers to Keith and Terri and Family as they are at Duke Hospital in North Carolina.
- Dear Keith,
Thank u for ur kindness, showing me that there r good Dads out there. U will always have a special place in my heart as a positive Father figure. I believe God has brought u into my life so i could b a positive role model for my kids, u r and always will b an inspiration to me. God is good u r awesome. I love u
- Dad, I hope I can encourage you by reminding you that this life is not all that there is. The Lords purposes in our lives are far greater than what we see, hear, taste, and smell. His love "reaches to the heavens" and His faithfulness "stretches to the sky"!! He is our shepherd and he will never leave us. These are His promises to us. Rest in those promises and praise His name all the more! You have an incredible opportunity to shine the glory of our God through this affliction. Do not Lose heart but, rather, seize that opportunity. Fix your eyes on the Lord and LIVE for what is unseen and eternal rather than on the Vapor that is this life!! I love you Dad! You are a rock!
God is good!
I will continue to update this site as time goes by and regardless of donations I pray that God will bless Everyone who reads Keith's story!
- Steve and Linda Anderson
- Vinnie Z
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more