In the early morning hours of Monday February 9th, I (Lori Everly) awoke to the smell of burning and smoke. I rushed from my bedroom towards my parents room on the other side of the home near the garage. The garage was already engulfed in flames and my parents room was on the other side of that wall. My parents, my husband and I grabbed our 1 year old daughter and quickly evacuated the house. There was already a police squad outside, he was thankfully patrolling our subdivison and had seen the flames coming from the garage. Our neighbor had called 911. Had I not woken up, less than 5 minutes later we surely would have been badly hurt or worse. As soon as the fire got through the garage wall the entire house was a chain reaction and quickly went up in flames. All we could do was just watch our home burn to the ground. This home was a little less than 10 years old and all the work that went in to making it beautiful was destroyed. All of our belongings are gone. My daughters toys/books/clothes/diaper bag, my clothes and business products, all gone in an instant. I thank God that we had someone watching over us that awoke me to save the rest of my family in time, and thankfully our family cat also managed to survive unharmed. Especially since my daughter turns 2 in a few days. The scariest thing I have ever had happen to me in my life! And I am so grateful that no one was seriously injured. Please consider donating to our family so we can start to re-coup what we have lost. We need the basics; food, winter clothing for all of us, childrens books/toys and furniture for my daughters room. Anything, even the smallest amount will help us tremendously in this hard time. Thank you and God bless!
Lori, Gary & Kaylie Everly
Scott & Sue Trojanowski
Here is the news link to our story: http://fox6now.com/2015/02/09/sussex-home-damaged-following-early-morning-fire/