Hello friends, family and new followers....
Thank you so much for expressing interest in supporting the final efforts to get LymeLight Journey finished. If you're new to LLJ or need and update....here is the 411 in a nutshell.
- I had undiagnosed, un-treated Lyme disease for over 30 years
- I eradicated the infection completely from my body
- The symptoms of Lyme caused me to leave my newly-blooming Hollywood career in my very early 20's
- Once I healed, over 15 years later, I committed to returning to my creative pursuits as Brooke 2.0
- I decided to document my journey across the country, back to life in LA, not only to educate people about what I did and how I did it, but to inspire people to follow their own passions as a roadmap to a new and improved life on the other side.
Brooke and Edie Falco on 'The Sopranos'
What I did was not easy. It was not cheap. And it was not recommended to me by most people. But most people don't understand chronic, debilitating, long term illness and the lengths a person will go to to get out of it.
Really, most of us, including me, are afraid of change and the unknown. Afraid to trust our instincts when it comes to healing and true happiness because....what if we have to change? What if the things we have been taught are all wrong? What if everything we know to be real in life is.....actually not? What if we have to be different and strong and hold our own in a new world that we don't recognize?
I know that the things I say and the experiences I have had will not resonate with everyone and I do not claim in any way shape or form to know how to heal other people's problems or fix them. But I do know what I did and what I continue to do and I do know that SHARING that knowledge is a large part of my continued wellness.
So if you are here as a person who has been ill, someone caring for another, someone researching the world of healing or someone who just likes amazing stories of human triumph and connection, I thank you for being here and my team and I humbly accept any donations you are willing to offer up in order for us to finish our project and share it with those in need.
That's Hannah (my co-pilot) and me in the car, January 2019.
We set out across the country, stopping in several cities along the way, to meet people recovering from Lyme or other hard- to-diagnose-and-treat illnesses. We interviewed patients, caregivers, researchers, healers and strangers...learning about life and what it means to be well. Here's what we found:
- Lyme is very similar in a lot of ways to other mysterious illnesses/diseases
- It takes a strong personality, commitment and a drive to go outside the box when conventional medicine falls short
- There is a lot more information out there than is being conveyed, understood and utilized
- Having a passion in life and something to live for boosts the immune system and creates pathways for positive, lasting change.
- There is no one-size fits all approach to healing ANYTHING. We all come to the table with different DNA, different life experiences, different mindsets, different desires.
- Diet, exercise, supplements, treatments....they all matter. But what matters most is the HUMAN SPIRT feeling connected and alive
Please join us so that we can finish our project and share with others who are in need of information, support and most importantly...a good laugh!! When you're at the end of your rope, HUMOR is the swing in that rope that gets you from one cliffside to another, over the snapping crocodiles and choppy waters below.
Your donation will go toward the FINAL EDITING PROCESS as we get ready to launch this first phase of LymeLight Journey for FREE.
Thank you from my heart.
Owner and Director