Greetings Lucid Family!
We feel so blessed to be able to share togetherness, playfulness, growing, and dreaming with you over the last 10 years. This last festival, The Great Synthesis, was one of the highest-vibe, good-feeling gatherings we've had with you yet.
And, behind the scenes, it was one of the most difficult festivals that our independent community-based production company has ever put on. We were challenged by a number of factors, most of which were beyond our control, including:
- Wettest weather in a decade, rendering our across-the-river parking unusable
- The expense of an offsite parking lot, box office, and shuttle service
- Inflation and the rising cost of production services
- A shipment of bamboo we were importing from Colombia got held up in US Customs and we were charged demurage fees for over 7 months while we attempted to get it out.
- Reduced number of ticket sales due to community uncertainty around the challenges we were facing with off-site parking and shuttle operations
At the end of the day, as the dust settles, we are staring at a $400k deficit.
We are committed to ensuring that all employees and contractors are paid for their efforts, and as such have secured loans to do so. However, if Lucidity is to continue forward it will need to pay these loans off and still be able to have cash flow on hand to begin producing the next chapter of the Lucidity saga.
We find ourselves at a crossroads, and we want to know from you... DO YOU WISH TO SEE LUCIDITY CONTINUE?
If so, we invite you to consider contributing to this campaign and sharing our story with your networks.
Many hands make light work, and our collective dream will be authored by the collaborative spirit of this amazing community.
THANK YOU, WE LOVE YOU.
Video Edited by Megan Stone
Aaron Cyrus Dor
Soundtrack: "Fever Dream" by Living Light
Opening Ceremony Lucidity 2023 - Photo: Foster Snell
Ruby Chase & Lucid Stage Crowd - Photo: Julien Deroeux
The Motet on the Alive Stage - Photo: Kris Kish
Lucid Love - Photo: Kris Kish