Sunday afternoon while Hayley and Shane Stegan were standing in their kitchen an explosion from the condo below them took place. Flames quickly engulfed their balcony and their front door staiway and stairs. The condo started to fill with smoke and with the hair on their body starting to singe they only had one choice to live.....jump. Shane kicked out the window in their bedroom and grabbed his wife and dangled her as low as possible before letting her go to fall three stories and land on her head on the cement. Shane had no time to try to save anything, (including their two dogs, Hagen and Rome, who passed in the fire) before he had to leap the 30 feet to his safety.
Haley and Shane were rushed to the hospital where they are still admitted. With two broken arms, shatered elbow, broken ribs, fractured heals, multiple brakes in pelvis and sacrum, and brakes to the cheek and orbital socket, they will be in the hospital for over a week and with over five surgeries the medical bills will be in the hundreds of thousnads of dollars. They will surpass their maximum out of pocket coverage and be responsible for all these bills.
In addition to all the medical bills they will be responsible for, they also lost all of their possesions and a 100% loss of the condo they were five days away from selling. Now they are looking for the means for the down payment they no longer have for a home they started to build.
Any and all help will be a blessing to Hayley and Shane and will be so appreciated!!!
- Cynthia Rowley
- Shirley Shepherd
- Rochanya Generous
- BlackTree Healthcare
Organizer and beneficiary
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more