- P
- D
- L

Life saving surgery for Faith
0% complete
£3,972 raised of £9K
229 donations
My beautiful Faith, she is a 5 month old Ragdoll. She was born with 2 congenital deformities; flat chest syndrome and pectus excavatum. She is in the severe range for both. She struggled with exercise and general kitten life as the deformities are putting pressure on her heart and lungs - her sternum is compressing them and her only hope was surgery.
She’s now had 2 surgeries that have cost approximately 7k with X-rays and post operative care. Both surgeries involved an external plate being sutured around her sternum to pull this forward. Sadly, both surgeries have failed. At approximately 3 weeks post 1st surgery, 4 out of 6 sutures snapped. The decision was made to go straight back in and repeat the surgery. She had weekly bandage changes and following her bandage change at 3 weeks, her breathing changed and she was breathing faster and with more effort, the same as she did before both surgeries. My fears were confirmed that again, the sutures had failed. 1 had snapped and the rest were loose. They tightened the sutures and re-bandaged her in the hope that it would do something but sadly, her X-rays on 17th September showed that her sternum is almost back to where it was before her surgeries. She will now need invasive surgery where they will open her up and insert a fixed plate. They have said they would do this at a discounted price and cap it at 2k (not including X-rays or post operative care). I do not have these funds and I desperately want to save my little warrior. She is the sweetest kitten and deserves a shot at life. If I can raise this final 2k she will be booked in ASAP for the surgery.
She’s now had 2 surgeries that have cost approximately 7k with X-rays and post operative care. Both surgeries involved an external plate being sutured around her sternum to pull this forward. Sadly, both surgeries have failed. At approximately 3 weeks post 1st surgery, 4 out of 6 sutures snapped. The decision was made to go straight back in and repeat the surgery. She had weekly bandage changes and following her bandage change at 3 weeks, her breathing changed and she was breathing faster and with more effort, the same as she did before both surgeries. My fears were confirmed that again, the sutures had failed. 1 had snapped and the rest were loose. They tightened the sutures and re-bandaged her in the hope that it would do something but sadly, her X-rays on 17th September showed that her sternum is almost back to where it was before her surgeries. She will now need invasive surgery where they will open her up and insert a fixed plate. They have said they would do this at a discounted price and cap it at 2k (not including X-rays or post operative care). I do not have these funds and I desperately want to save my little warrior. She is the sweetest kitten and deserves a shot at life. If I can raise this final 2k she will be booked in ASAP for the surgery.




