"Life Line" is a short film about a woman trapped in an oppressive relationship while she contemplates the idea of suicide. "Life Line" dives into a broken relationship; a type of fantasy bond that entangles a once happy couple in a fight or flight situation.
To what lengths would you go to escape the construct of life you fell into, and the satisfaction of the life you once dreamed of?
Any donation/share will definitely help us tremendously. Please spread the word about our project!
$5 - Thank You Letter
$15 - Special Thanks Credit
$25 - Special Thanks Credit, Digital Copy of the film
$50 - Special Thanks Credit, Digital Copy of the film, & Exclusive Behind the Scenes Photographs
$100 - Special Thanks Credit, Digital Copy of the film, Exclusive Behind the Scenes Photos, & A Copy of the Final Script, & 1 Ticket to the Private Screening
$250 - Special Thanks Credit, Digital Copy of the Film, Exclusive Behind the Scenes Photos, A Copy of the Final Script, a Production T-Shirt, & 2 Ticket to the Private Screening
$500 - Associate Producer Credit, Digital Copy of the Film, Exclusive Behind the Scenes Photos, A Copy of the Final Script, a Production T-Shirt, & 3 Tickets to the Private Screening
$1,000 - Executive Producer Credit, Digital Copy of the Film, Exclusive Behind the Scenes Photos, A Copy of the Final Script, a Production T-Shirt, & 4 Tickets to the Private Screening
MEET OUR CREW!
Gabriel G. Adams - Director:
- "The reason I took on the project is because I saw a cinematic potential in the short script. Directing is my passion. I believe we dream in metaphors. Therefore, we dream in movies. So, any opportunity to direct is an easy yes. But, what kept me in "Life Line" was when Juan and Ellis approached me with such openness to develop the story even further. Now that we have taken the time to plan and cast the movie, we think we have something you will really like."
Ellis Miller - Writer/Producer/Actor:
- "I wrote this film to bring awareness about domestic violence and the effect it can have on the psyche of the human mind. I have had a lot of help from everyone involved to make this the best we possibly can. The only thing we are lacking is a budget to help support our crew. They have been working diligently to bring this script to life. Ultimately, our goal is to make the festival run for the 2018-2019 season. All donations are very much appreciated! We look forward to sharing our film “Life Line” with you soon!"
HOWLING GALE ENTERTAINMENT FOUNDERS
Michael Simidian (left) - Producer/Casting:
- "The money that is gonna come through this campaign is going to help us a lot. Every dollar counts. It's gonna support all our actors when it comes to feeding them, making sure that they're provided with a good environment and an overall great experience."
Juan Raymundo Ramos (middle) - Producer/Editor/Cinematographer/Writer:
- "Hello! I will be doing multiple things in the project, 'Life Line", to ensure that the quality of the film will exceed expectations and be a big surprise. It's a tremendous amount of work. However, we will be giving it everything we've got with experience and creativity to put this no-budget film to a professional level! Please show your support. Anything helps!"
Nicholas Barber (right) - Producer/Assistant Director/Script Supervisor:
- "I'm so excited to be working with the cast and crew on this film, everyone is so passionate and experienced in their field. I have no doubt in my mind that this will come out looking great and leave a great impression on people."
Justin Bellow - Producer / Actor:
- "The most exciting element about working in this project is the script. Whenever I'm producing anything, I always look into the material first. I think that Ellis and Juan have crafted a realistic portrayal of somebody who is dealing with an abusive relationship. I think that it's important that we tell that story because I feel there's a lot of people out there dealing with a similar situation, and they don't know who to turn to or who to call."
Bradford Hill - Editor:
- "What I love most about filmmaking is the opportunity to tell stories, to bring things to light that a lot of people probably would never have seen, and show them in a way that is very relatable and understandable. A lot of times it can also be exciting or fun to watch when it's good or entertaining too! At heart, I'm just a storyteller."
Jaime Torres - Director of Photography:
- "I got involved with this project because I thought the story was really great! I feel like the issues in this film should be touched upon."
Yoann Cifuentes - Gaffer:
- Yoann Cifuentes is a freelance gaffer and electrician based in Los Angeles. He is dedicated to his craft and passionate about working with like-minded crews and building his network.
Kaitlynn VanVoorhis - Production Designer:
- "Hi! I’m Kaitlynn VanVoorhis, and I wanted to be the Production Designer for "Life Line" because I love the way that a set and art can convey a story. I am hoping that I will be able to visually express how important it is to understand that domestic violence can happen to anyone at any time.""
Directed by: Gabriel Adams
Produced by: Nicholas Barber, Justin Bellow, Ellis Miller, Juan Raymundo Ramos, Michael Simidian
Written by: Ellis Miller & Juan Raymundo Ramos
Casting by: Justin Bellow, Gabriel Adams, Ellis Miller, Juan Raymundo Ramos, & Michael Simidian
Film Editing by: Bradford Hill & Juan Raymundo Ramos
Production Design by: Kaitlynn VanVoorhis
Art Director: Ruby-Ann Lee
Assistant Directors: Bader Al-Shuaib, Nicholas Barber, & Cinnamon Hoobler
Script Supervisors: Bader Al-Shuaib & Nicholas Barber
Director of Photography: Jaime Torres & Juan Raymundo Ramos
Gaffer/Camera Operator: Yoann Cifuentes
Grips: Samuel Diaz, Miguel Marin, Mark Zezhong Wang
1st Assistant Camera: Michael Simidian
Script Editors: Gabriel Adams, Juan Raymundo Ramos, Chris Simidian
Executive Producer: Maria Socorro Alcaraz
Derek S. Orr
DonationsSee top donations
- Lonny B
- Gaily Charvet
- Bernice and Bernardo
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more