Main fundraiser photo

Levi Needs Your Prayers and Support

Donation protected
Please let me summarize what's happening and then let Levi's father recount the details of the nightmare his family has found itself in.

Levi is fighting for his LIFE at this very second!   His situation has teetered from stable in ICU to a mad rush to restart his little heart.  His amazing parents, Jill and Randy Kimberling, are trying to stay by his side as his unconscious body fights to pull through this ordeal.  They're going to need our prayers and our financial support for this devastating situation, regardless the outcome. 

Levi is your typical curious and active 4 year old boy who came down with typical flu symptoms early February 2018.  Shortly after we all would expect a fever to have started to die down, Levi's parents became worried when he wasn't clearing up and  they took him to get looked at a few times over the next few days.  As soon as things seemed bad enough they took poor Levi to the Emergency Room at Holy Family where he was immediately sent to the Pediatric ICU at Sacred Heart.

I'll now let Randy explain where we are as of today, Feb 16th.

Dad had to pick up his heart, gather strength and relive raw emotions to write this:

So the history of what is happening to Levi.  

February 2nd was the last day Levi went to school, and all was fine, over the weekend he played like always.  Around Sunday he started a fever and I kept him home from school, Tuesday the fever hit 104.9 and on Wednesday we took him to his doctor at Rockwood clinic.  They told us his lungs sound good nothing in there and to go home and treat him with Tylenol.  At that time he felt miserable was coughing like crazy and had a constant fever.  He did not do any better Thursday and by Friday night neither Levi, Mom or Dad could sleep do to all of coughing attempts to throw crap up that wasn’t there.

Saturday morning Jill took him to Holy Family hospital they instantly admitted him and started IV’s and called for an ambulance to send him to Sacred Heart!  They did a chest X-ray and knew something was up they could see infection to the point his entire left lung was engulfed in bad stuff.

Saturday afternoon ride in an ambulance to Sacred Heart got him to here where he payed on Dad from the bed to the rocking chair till Sunday afternoon when Mom got there.  For everyone this was the last time anyone has been able to hold him!  He was moved Sunday afternoon to PICU he was given a chest tube and it pulled out a lowly 10cc which we were thrilled with.  

Sunday was rough, lots of fluid and coughing  and he was placed on a ventilator. Come Monday the chest tube was moved and they immediately pulled 375 cc of mucus from his lungs and then his tube dropped another 150cc.  So at this point he has his own tree of 6 antibiotics and is fighting for his life.  At this point we know that his left lung is basically just necrotic.  We were told he is the sickest kid in the PICU and has a minimum one one nurse standing I. His tiny room at a time.  They moved the chest tube again and got another 500cc out and a constant drip by Tuesday afternoon he had dropped out another 100cc and is not going in the right direction. 

Wednesday is the worst day ever his number are continually falling with everything they are doing.  He is getting pressure up and down and they are trying to get him back.  He has had so many X-rays (around 6 a day), ultra sounds around twice a day, and he has had a couple CT scans.  At some point he popped a hole in his lung and that filled his chest cavity.  They were putting a warming blanket under him and turned him and his heart stopped from the pressure!  The Sacred Heart PICU Nursing staff performed CPR and got him back; they are so amazing!  Now he literally cannot be moved he is on paralytics so he can’t move himself.  

They have drained around 1800cc of fluid out of him, and he has been given blood.  He gets lots of IV fluids and antibiotics they are working 24/7 to keep him with us.  He is a fighter and his heart is so strong that is the only reason he is still here.  

They have We are in search of the right answers but the ventilator he is currently on is working and the next step is to potentially change that to a different style of ventilator.  The doctors are all talking back and forth and we have seen no less than 20 who are telling us they have all reached out to their colleagues from just about every major child hospital in the USA.  They have all been informed of his situation and have been following closely since Sunday night.  The medical staff are all putting their heads together to keep him alive and I can’t thank them enough for that day I get to hold my baby boy again!


  • Sherry Harbaugh
    • $300 
    • 6 yrs

Organizer and beneficiary

Graham Kilgore
Spokane, WA
Randall Kimberling

Your easy, powerful, and trusted home for help

  • Easy

    Donate quickly and easily

  • Powerful

    Send help right to the people and causes you care about

  • Trusted

    Your donation is protected by the GoFundMe Giving Guarantee