BBC Sport Wales Interview:Meet the fastest guy you've probably never heard of.
Personal Achievements to date:
- Belfast International 100m Winner 2019.
- Welsh Senior 100m Champion 2019.
- World Relay Championships 2019.
- Sainsbury’s Anniversary Games 4x100m Great Britain 2018.
- Inaugural Athletics World Cup 4x100m Great Britain 2018.
- British Outdoor Championships Inc. European Trials 100m Finalist 2018.
- British Indoor Championships Bronze Medalist 60m 2018.
- Welsh Senior 60m Champion 60m 2018.
- Welsh Senior Championship 100m Champion 2017.
- British U23 Championships 100m Silver Medalist 2016.
- Awarded Scholarship at Cardiff Metropolitan University 2015-2016.
- Awarded Scholarship at Cardiff Metropolitan University 2014-2015.
- Welsh International 100m winner 2015.
- Welsh Senior Championships 100m Outdoor Champion 2015.
- BUCS Outdoor 100m Silver Medalist 2015.
- BUCS Outdoor 4x100 Champion 2015.
- British Senior Championships 60m Indoor Finalist 2015.
- Welsh Senior Championships 60m Indoor Champion 2015.
- Glasgow Diamond League 4x100m – Welsh Representation 2014.
- British U23 Championships 200m Outdoor Finalist 2014.
- Welsh Senior Commonwealth Trials 200m Outdoor Champion 2014.
- Welsh Senior Commonwealth Trials 100m Outdoor Silver Medalist 2014.
- BUCS indoor 4x200m Bronze Medalist 2014.
- British U20 European Trials Finalist 2013.
- Welsh U20 100 and 200m Outdoor Champion 2013. Who am I...
I am a 100m international athlete for GB/Wales and is currently on a mission to become the fastest man in Welsh history. From the age of 13, when I watched Usain Bolt and welsh legend Christian Malcolm compete at the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games, athletics has been a huge part of my life. I have carried this passion through my studies at Cardiff Metropolitan University and current in my current job with the Vale of Glamorgan Council as an Activities Coordinator. The Mission...
My goals are to make the Great Britain Olympic team for the Tokyo 2020 Games, to be the first Welsh athlete to go under the 10-second barrier, and become one of the best ever athletes in my sport by medalling at every major championship. I am only 24-years-old, which is still young for my sport.The Journey Thus Far...
I have a personal best of 10.08w (2019 ) and I am on track to go much faster in the future.
The 2018 athletic indoor and outdoor season has been my most successful season to-date as I won a medal at the national indoor championships, and then went on to making my way into the Great Britain team competing at the Inaugural Athletics World Cup and then the London Anniversary Games. As you can see from my personal achievements I have been gradually improving slowly making my way to the top, however for this to continue a lot of training is required. Being in part-time work as well as training six times a week for +20hrs is a huge challenge as it is difficult to support myself, as I have to pay for the majority of my expenses. I was fortunate enough to be included on the Welsh Athletics funding strategy, which will help me a long the way. However, this funding is not guaranteed and also does not give me all the support that I need – the funding sadly isn’t enough in Wales and because of this I still has to work along side his training. I am at a huge disadvantage against my competitors that have a contract or are on UK Lottery funding as the funding they receive allows them to train full-time as if it were their job which allows them to focus solely on their training and recovery.
This shows how dedicated I am to achieving my goals, and also shows how much talent I have to get so close to the top. Having to juggle a part-time job whilst trying to become an elite athlete is extremely difficult if you aren't able to give it your complete, and undivided attention.What will your donations help I do?
We need to raise £25,000 so that I will be able to pursue his goal of training full-time in order to make the Olympics next year. They will me get to and from training and competitions, help me get to training camps, help me buy training kit, take care of living costs and support me in seeking medical help i.e physiotherapy/chiropractic appointments. Your donations will even help me getting to races!The Goal
With your support you will be helping towards putting Wales on the global sprinting scene once again!
Thank you for all for supporting me on my journey.