Lets help the Harrop Family!

Hello Everyone! As most of you are aware Tatianna is in the hospital.  Here is what happened- explained by her father, Randy: 

All started as a simple cold as far as we know, a couple days later she had a headache witch for Tati isn't uncommon. The next morning her right eye became puffy, again, this wasn't rare or uncommon for her when tired or sick. The next day her eye was worse so we went to the doctor and she was put on antibiotics for a sinus infection.

The following day things were worse again so this time we went to the hospital, she was taken off the pills and given antibiotics by intravenous, she was sent home under orders of getting IV medication every 24 hours at the hospital. 2nd day at the hospital she was again worse and the sinus infection was spreading and had started to swell around the forehead, cheeks and now both eyes so they kept her for observation overnight, she wast then sent to the Stollery first thing in the AM.

At the Stollery she progressively got worse still as the sinus infection had turned into preceptal cellulitis so they put her on more and more antibiotics, this then turned into orbital cellulitis where it infects the socket and eye itself. Very quickly after they finally did a CT scan she was originally sent there for, she had a small surgery where they drained her sinuses from her brow and her inner nose close to the tear duct, medications were also changed/increased and finally a few more days later things started to turn around. She kept getting better every day, swelling was much better so almost 2 weeks after it all started she was finally getting sent home.

Tatianna went home, was still on a combination of antibiotics to fight everything off. After 2 more weeks of ups and downs medication was finished but she was still puffy with headaches. We were told all the symptoms were normal for what she had and it could take weeks for it to all go away completely.

Unsatisfied with what was said, Tati was brought back to the hospital, they did an x-ray, blood work and she was instantly transferred back to the Stollery where we were put in a room and met by a neurosurgeon. After a CT scan and MRI, we were met again by a full surgical team of neurosurgeons, ENTs and ophthalmologists and booked for surgery first thing in the morning.

Tati is now slowly recovering from her surgery. The infection that was previously missed turned into "Potts Puffy Tumor" that had eroded her skull and worked it's way through the many layers and into her brain. She had swelling on the brain, numerous abscesses that they had to go in and clean. She was opened from ear to ear across the top of her head where they removed the skull cap, but the infection was too severe to open the membrane of the brain itself. Instead they had to drain the abscesses one by one through the membrane and clean with antibiotics.

She is now up and walking, happy and in very little pain, but the battle isn't over yet. It will be about 2 more weeks before we know if the medications she's on now are winning the battle, if not more surgeries will be needed. We are looking at a best case scenario of 2-4 more weeks at hospital full time, and easily up to 2 months or more if any more procedures are required. It's unbelievable she's doing this well so far, but we still live in constant fear of what's to come. Nobody knows exactly why this was missed when the headaches she was having were directly where the bacteria migrated through her skull.

Hindsight is always 20/20 so now were just trying to look forward, after seeing the initial MRI, the neurology department can't believe she showed no symptoms or anything neurological, she should have at a MINIMUM been numb on her entire left side if not partially paralyzed.

Now you know what has happened let me introduce my self. I am Renee - Randy and Marie’s neighbour and I wanted to start this go fund me to help them out with some expenses. Tati has a long road ahead. If we all can help out by donating a little bit of money to help cover hotel stays, missed days of work, meals, gas, etc.  They are looking at weeks if not a month at the hospital. Which means trips back and forth from Edmonton as well. Please donate if you can, if not please help by continuing to keep Tati in your thoughts and prayers. And please share this to get the word out! 

Thank you you so very much!!

Donations (37)

See top
  • Kristy Ryll
    • $40 
    • 5 yrs
  • Derek Dechaine
    • $45 
    • 5 yrs
  • Kim Dechaine
    • $40 
    • 5 yrs
  • Carol Kochan
    • $50 
    • 5 yrs
  • Anonymous
    • $419 
    • 5 yrs
See all

Organizer and beneficiary

Renee Villemaire
Glendon, AB
Randy Harrop

Your easy, powerful, and trusted home for help

  • Easy

    Donate quickly and easily.

  • Powerful

    Send help right to the people and causes you care about.

  • Trusted

    Your donation is protected by the  GoFundMe Giving Guarantee.