We all know by now, the difficult economic situation everyone is going through because of the health crisis in the world. Most devastated are the small business and in particular anything related to the Arts—which includes us.
Small studios cannot survive this crisis without the help of members of the community that not only participate in activities in the studio, but believe wholehearted in their mission and therefore supporting the arts.
In the last several months, The Tango Society/Dance Union has had some tough luck and with this unfortunate situation that the world is going through, we find ourselves in a dire situation.
With this unprecedented world pandemic, all events at the studio have been canceled and I don’t have to explain what a loss for everyone this is. But one thing is for sure—the landlord wants his rent, the electric company wants to get paid, etc, etc.
We humbly call on the entire community and friends to support us at this time and help us stay afloat and around for many more years to come.
Our goal for this fundraiser is $10,000 which represents only part of our expenses.
We would like to use the money to stay up to date with the rent, utility bills, supplies, and the expenses to fix the heating system in December.
In the last 23 years, since its inception, there is very little that the Tango Society has not done, has not provided the community.
· There are very few people in the Boston community that have not attended an event sponsored by the Tango Society.
· There are very few local teachers that have not studied with a master teacher that the Tango Society has sponsored.
· Has given some local teachers the opportunity to work at the studio and therefore supported their ‘expansion’ and opened their own studios.
· There are many people in the community that have at one time or another been able to participate for free in one of the Society’s events because they either volunteered or were given a scholarship to study with a teacher they so desired.
· Some of the most admired and world renown Master Tango Teachers have been to Boston because of the Tango Society of Boston and this has not happened at any other event.
We are doing this fundraiser as a last resort because we know that if we don’t get some help, we stand to lose a beautiful space that is used by many people in the Boston community such as Tango, Blues, Samba, Zumba and others. As space that I know is ‘home’ to a lot of you!
Thank you all in advance for your kind contribution of any amount because every little penny count. Please help us spread the word and send to your friends that perhaps would like to help us.
You can pay in other ways:
by check and send to 16 Bow St. Somerville MA 02143
Via PayPal ;—code: [email redacted]
wire transfer: call me so to get the bank account information
Please contact me with any questions you might have.
Vicky Magaletta, President Tango Society of Boston
ABOUT THE TANGO SOCIETY OF BOSTON
The Tango Society of Boston is a volunteer-run organization dedicated to the support and growth of the Argentine Tango in the Boston and surrounding area
Not only does The Tango Society of Boston bring to the greater Boston area the best of authentic Argentine tango, and some of the best teachers on Broadway and in the world to teach and perform, it:
· is one of the largest cultural organizations in the USA and one of the most active for the last 23 years
· co-produces cultural events with organizations such as the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston, WGBH Public Television in Boston, the Boston Public Library, the Hatch Shell, the Harvard Film Archives, the Coolidge Corner Theater, and World Music
· participates in events such as First Night Boston and Dance Across the City
· is regularly featured in newspapers such as the Boston Globe, and television shows such as WCVB Boston’s ‘Chronicle’
· sponsors what the Boston Globe calls the “hidden jewel” Tango by Moonlight outdoor show, now in its 24th season
· presents the Boston Tango Festival, one of the East Coast’s original festivals, now in its 16th year
· provides pro-bono programs to schools, nursing homes, correctional facilities, and fundraising groups
- Alexandra Polukin
- Pasquale Galdieri
- Toshi Takeuchi
- Alexandra Polukin
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more