help Sarah and Bryan have a great weddin

My story starts about 7 years ago....

I had just been fired from a job a had for about 5 years and was feeling pretty low. I decided to do something I have always dreamed of, moving back to where it all started. Mammoth, Ca. I spent my first year of life there and figured what better place to start over. So I packed a few belongings packed my dog and left. Ive always been drawn to the mountains and spent a good amount of time visiting my grandfather who lived in a small mountain community outside of bishop called Aspendell. It was a dream come true for me as the Owens valley has always held a special place else in my heart. I had found a room for rent in a community just north of Bishop called Paradise. (If you've driven to mammoth about half way up the Sherwin grade it's off to the left) the house was overlooking the entire round valley and the view was absolutely incredible. From my porch I had unobstructed views of the wheeler crest and Mt tom. Stunning. Life had really turned around I was happier than I have ever been. Every morning I would wake up hop in my caprice with my dog Dakota and go hiking, fishing, or just exploring. Not to mention being so close to my grandpa, it was the best time of my life. That was until 3 months later I had to come back to Orange County to go to court for my unemployment. It was the night of the presidential election, I was at grandpa's and was feeling very ill. The next morning I left for the Oc feeling just drained. A few days later I was in my hotel room getting ready to head back home and spent the whole night wide awake, weak and dizzy. The following morning before I left I stopped by the hospital my mom worked at just to see what was going on and found out my blood pressure was 265/125! Now I was used to my BP being high but not that high. I was admitted into the er and diagnosed with congestive heart failure. The doctor said that if I had just left and not come in I would have died on the road. He estimated I had about 3 to 4 hours left to live. The heart failure was caused by the blood pressure but the blood pressure was caused by my failing kidneys. I was immediately put onto dialysis and my dream of starting my life over in the mountains was finished. It was devastating to be told I would not be able to survive up there and I would have to move back. Out of everything I've gone through that was the only time I cried.
So I dealt with it was put on the kidney transplant list and after a year we found a donor and I had my transplant.
The recovery from surgery takes about 3 months of which the first month I'm confined to my bedroom with little to no human contact. That's when, ironically enough, I met Sarah. Met her online. Because of her I decided to hold off on moving back to paradise. I wanted to see where things would go and I'm glad I did.
Fast forward to 2 years ago, my donated kidney finally gave out and back to the old dialysis again. This time though was different. I was getting much more sick from the treatments and started to lose a lot of weight. I had to go on oxygen almost 20 hours a day and felt like I was deteriorating. I was just so weak and constantly sick. In November I started getting really severe back pain. So severe that a few times while driving home from dialysis I would have to pull over to the side of the road cause I couldn't take the pain. I just thought I had strained it or pulled something.
The night of January 5th I was watching tv. It was about 11 pm and I felt that pain come back, but this time it was higher and much more intense. I got up and immediately ran to the bathroom to throw up. I have never felt pain like this in my life and I've had gout and glaucoma. I thought I could get through it and sleep it off. It was just after 4 am, I had moved to the floor but still couldn't sleep when sarah, out of nowhere woke up. Sarah never wakes up, ever. Something told her to get up and check on me, and it saved my life. She drove me to the ER in Irvine and I was seen immeditley. No one new what was going on so they just treated the pain. It just happens the doctor on duty had just read an article on aortic dissection and saw the symptoms I had were very similar. He did an Mr I and found my upper aorta was ruptured and I was very, very close to death. (Again) I was rushed by ambulance from Irvine to Newport Beach for immediate and emergency surgery. It happens all so fast and I was so drugged up I don't remember much. The two things I do remember was the ambulance ride with the lights and sirens.(the nurses riding with me were all serious and I was trying to joke around with them)
and I remember as they loaded me into the back I looked out and saw Sarah sending in the emergency room. I knew she was trying to be strong and brave and she did a great job but I could see the fear in her eyes. Her and I both new that this could be the last time we saw each other and it broke me. I've never felt so alone and scared in my life. I wasn't scared of dying, I was afraid that this beautiful, perfect women would have to go through the lose of someone she loved and there was nothing either of us could do about it. I was afraid to leave her alone.
The doctors told me later that if she hadn't brought me in when she did I would have been dead when she woke up for work. Sarah saved my life and no matter what I do I can never repay her. Ever.
needless to say I pulled through and have more or less fully recovered. While laying in my hospital room with Sarah next to me I decided I could never live the rest of my life without her so we decided, in Hoag hospital we should get married. So a few months later I proposed to her and she accepted. We are planning on getting married up in indepence at thecourt house since we both have a special connection there and the do a second wedding down here so all of our friends and family can attend. And this is where you come in. Because I'm on disability my income is fixed and pretty low. We are looking for donations to help with our everyday bills so we can put money away for our wedding. Any amount of money no matter what size will help us and we would be forever grateful. She has given me so much the least i can do is give her a half way decent wedding. So please help support two people who by some miracle found each other and saved each other in our own different ways..
Thank you

  • Theresa McCoy  
    • $25 
    • 82 mos
  • Lindsey Hickey-Doyle 
    • $500 
    • 83 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $50 
    • 83 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $20 
    • 83 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $100 
    • 83 mos
See all


Bryan Lovig 
Long Beach, CA
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more