Some of you may have noticed that I haven’t been keeping an eye on y’all as much as I like.
Some, understandably, may think it’s due simply to the aging process and the natural order of things but in fact I have been slowed down in my proverbial tracks, with a medical anomaly centering on the spine, which leaves me in chronic pain 24/7 & with severely restricted mobility on the left side of my body. SIX spinal neurologists and ONE neurosurgeon later, I have a misdiagnosis of spinal stenosis and so the neurosurgeon has now referred me to yet ANOTHER specialist (let’s call him Sherlock! LOL) to try and solve the mystery of my condition. One thing we do know: surgery is inevitable. I’m anxiously waiting for my appointment with Sherlock in April so that I can hopefully, finally see some light at the end of this dark, painful tunnel.
In the interim, walking is literally a breath-taking experience as my every move must be calculated for fear of a worse calamity, like a serious fall. In saying this I have fallen on 3 separate occasions in the past 6 months as I have no feeling in my left foot which severely compromises my ability to stand safely, lift myself up from sitting, bending or walking. Putting on shoes or boots is a chore in itself, I might add. Sitting isn’t much better and can only be done at best half an hour at a time. An energy bleeding experience for someone who spends so much time sitting at a computer.
I am appealing for your help with funds to pay for priority needs.
· Relocation expenses (URGENT) – Funds urgently needed for essential relocation, as my residence is dangerously unsuitable due to current circumstances. The entrance to my home is treacherous due to so many steep steps & is simply unmanageable.
· Medications – Funds for medications not covered by OHIP, rehab techniques such as physio, acupuncture & paramedical treatments not covered or only partially covered by OHIP.
· Transportation – Funds to pay for Uber transportation to medical appointments, and other situations where transportation is needed and WheelTrans is often not available. My fragility in walking is such that the TTC is no longer an option.
· Home Support Worker – Funds for someone to do shopping, laundry and general housekeeping chores which is partially covered by OHIP.
· Counselling / Rehabilitation – Funds to pay for CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy) and on-going Pain Management Rehabilitation to assist with dealing with daily chronic pain.
Thank you for your time and attention. Your contribution is deeply appreciated.