On Saturday, October 14, 2017, the people of Somalia, particularly those living in the capital city of Mogadishu, have suffered the worst terror attack in the history of the nation.
- Over 300 civilians were killed
- Nearly 600 civilians were injured
- The dead include, men, women, children and youth that were newly medical graduates & aspiring youth activists
Somalis are resilient and are united in overcoming this. Unfortunately, the Somali government does not have the capacity to support the victims of this tragedy on its own. Therefore, Adar Foundation for Reparation & Development of Somalia plans:
- Provide the necessary support to help these families cope with life without the breadwinners of the families
- Connect these families with people who are able to provide counseling services to reduce the impact of the trauma
Here is a link on the tragedy:
Your financial (and other) help is greatly appreciated. Remember, your donations are tax deductible under the US law. Adar Foundation (for Reparation and Development of Somalia), is a non-profit, 501 (C (3) organization. It was founded in United States in 2000 by Somali-American women.
DonationsSee top donations
- Ahmed Adde
- Abdirahman Dahir
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more