We are currently being taken to court to have our cosigner removed which in turn, we may lose our home because of him.
Long story short, We went to court to put away someone who hurt my daughter in the worst way possible. I'm not allowed to say names since the abuser was acquitted by a judge.
We lost court due to the abuse being "historic" and lacking physical proof.
We ended up receiving a letter from the abuser's father's lawyer, who is our home co-owner, saying that NOW he wants $300,000.00 as a buyout or we chance losing our house as part of the Ontario Partition Act.
- The requested buyout is insanely high & malicious.
- Registered Mortgage Amount: $246,000
- Downpayment: $86,779
- Amount Owing: $144,500
- Since March 2019, we have paid the monthly mortgage, not the co-owner.
- We've repaid 10's of thousands of dollars toward repairs to the co-owner since March 2019. Which he conveniently left out of his correspondence letter from his lawyer.
We are in the process of getting a lawyer but being a low-income family on ODSP, we don't qualify for Legal Aid due to the circumstances of the matter.
What your donations will go towards:
- Travel (Gas) - Approx. $40/tank of gas per appointment
- --> Appointments: Financial Advisor, Lawyer & etc.
- Lawyer fees: $150/hr + GST
- Lawyer Retainer fee: $500
- Court fees: TBA if it goes that far.
We are not going to stand by and be a victim anymore!!
Now we have to keep battling for our house after all we have been through. We are so tired.
- 7 out of 8 of us are disabled by having ADHD and/or Autism. I have fibromyalgia. My husband is our caregiver, The Doctor recommended him to our ODSP Caseworker.
I have 6 beautiful children! They are my everything and I need to keep our home for them!!!!
Thank you very much from the bottom of my heart, and if you have any questions, you are more than welcome to come ask me. I can explain more, one on one. As I know this is confusing.
One thing I learned through this is you cant trust your own flesh and blood. ...
I just want us to finally live again, instead of just surviving. :(
Please help if you can or if you can't donate, could you share it around?
Natacha & Nick & Family