On November 18th, there was a fire that abruptly started in the second unit of a two-story apartment in Downtown San Jose. The family got woken up at around 4am, realizing that their home was on fire and that they had to escape for their lives.
Sadly, they weren't able to. Thuong (21-years-old) and Yvonne (14-years-old), died at the scene. Their mother was taken to the hospital at passed away shortly after. Their father, who was the only survivor of the incident, is currently in a coma and in critical condition.
I've known Thuong for 15 years now, and he was nothing short of a brother to me. Thuong was always there for us - for me, even when we lost touch I always knew that he had my back. He was a kind soul - he dedicated most of his time either to school or his family. We all loved him very much.
Thuong was a mechanical engineering student at San Jose State University with a bright future. His sister was a sophmore at Gunderson High School. Their parents were very hardworking. Their dad worked as a help in a restaurant while their mom balanced two jobs - full-time in the morning and delivered pizza at night.
We are heartbroken to say the least. Please help in any way you can - by donating or just raising awareness. The money funded will be going to the funeral services and medical bills for Thuong's father.
Phong Le (Khoa Le's brother) will be set as the beneficiary for the funds raised.
DonationsSee top donations
- Anonymous .
- Vina Vargas
- Bonnie Broderick
- Khoa Cao
- Loan Truong
Organizer and beneficiary
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more