Hi friends (and strangers) -
Those that know me know that I hate asking for help... but I'm in a ridiculous situation right now and I'm pretty desperate.
A few months ago I learned that after years and years on a waiting list, I'd finally get to bring a baby brother home for Dracula. On August 20th I flew to Missouri and back in one day to bring home baby Lazlo. This little mustachioed man stole my heart by being adorable and sleeping under the covers with me every night.
Last week I went to MN for a work trip and while I was gone, Mr. Laz got a little lethargic. We assumed he was just sad I was gone. When I got home, he stopped eating. He became super sleepy and snuggly and refused food for a solid day - at which point I took him to the emergency vet.
While there, they said he has FIP, a feline coronavirus variant that's fatal 100% of the time without treatment. The only available medication is experimental (it was in the final stages of approval prior to COVID hitting - but as soon as it hit, all coronavirus research projects shifted to human specific variants). I was lucky enough to get connected to a group that can source the medication, but it's $80 a vial - and we're looking at at least 84 days of daily injections. On top of that, Lazlo hasn't been eating and he's been in the ICU for three days on IV fluids and oxygen.
I'm willing to do whatever it takes to help him - including begging (embarrassingly). Anything anyone can do to help is greatly appreciated. Right now I'm about $3400 into medicine and his ICU stay, and its looking like treatments will be in excess of $6000 if he ends his medicine at the expected 84 day mark.
Literally anything you can do is greatly appreciated- and if you leave your address I'd love to send you some thank you mail! I'll keep everyone updated as things progress. Please send love and positive vibes for this little baby angel man. I love him so much.