Our beloved Donald passed away on Sunday August 26, 2018 and had requested that in lieu of flowers, donations be collected and presented in support of this his chosen charity in Jamaica.
About: The community of Lances Bay, Hanover is riddled with poverty which affects both young and old residents living in the area. The various social issues often associated with poverty, are negatively impacting this community.
· The families of many of these children cannot afford the cost of education.
· The recent floods that drastically affected the area saw some resident’s homes and possessions affected, forcing them to reside in temporary accommodations.
· During heavy rains this area sometimes attract high levels of mosquitoes to the area.
· Lack of employment opportunities for many of the residents in this and surrounding areas.
This community is in need of assistance and the members of the Lances Bay SDA Church play a pivotal and critical role in shaping, building and inspiring the children and adults that live within the community. This Building Project is already a hub of opportunity especially given the good size of land the premises sit on, however, they are in need of financial help to expand its work of social good for the community, equipping people of all age groups with their daily living and opportunities to improve skill sets which will benefit the whole community.
The Church will be providing the following initiatives to create impact:
· Lances Bay Football team and training grounds
· Homework club for all school age residents
· Computer literacy classes for residents to learn basic computer skills
· Quarterly health seminars with nurses providing drop in clinic’s serving those with health challenges such as diabetics, high blood pressure and special dietary needs
Provide and distribute food parcels together with toiletries for the low income, elderly and physically challenged residents.
The church is partially complete and requires approximately £70,000 to fully complete the building project. We need your generous donations to reach this goal.
It was Donald’s desire to ensure that his legacy and helping hand, continued way beyond the years of his life. Even with Donald facing a terminal illness the people with the greatest need in Lances Bay and the Community Building Project was still at the forefront of his mind. This alone sums up what his whole life was made of. Giving in service to first his family, friends, acquaintances and his people, underpinning his purpose to be salt and light to the earth.
Please donate generously and stay up-to-date with the continued progress of The Lances Bay SDA Community Building Project. We appreciate and thank you for being a part of this great initiative.
Thank you for visiting our page.
DonationsSee top donations
- Jamia Chislom
- ANdrea Montero
- Wesmond Samuels
- Edwena McFarquhar
- Ayden Martin
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more